9. Reception

Annika woke up early in the morning to not find Shivaay beside her. She looked at the time. It was six. She wondered if he left for office early in the morning. But wasn't six too early to leave?

Her phone beeped due to a notification. It reminded her of the date. She looked forward to her reception. Not because Shivaay was going to introduce her as Mrs. Shivaay Singh Oberoi in front of the world, but because she could meet her Dad tonight. She already missed him a lot.

She got up, straightened her nightdress and walked towards the washroom. The washroom door clicked open. Out came Shivaay.

His hair was disheveled. The strands of his hair forming a zig-zag shape reignited the attraction she already felt towards him. How amazing it would feel to run her hands through his hair!

Shivaay cleared his throat. Annika came out of her thoughts.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

She cleared her throat and shifted her eyes away from him, "No, I was just zoned out."

He nodded. He raised his eyes. She looked nervous. 'Why?' he thought.

"I will freshen up," she declared and half-walked and half-marched past the room.

Shivaay smiled to himself. She was being cute such early in the morning.

***

Shivaay stood in front of the mirror fixing his hair. He looked hot in his black shirt and white tuxedo. Annika came out after taking a shower. She tiptoed inside the room. After buttoning his cufflinks, Shivaay raised his head in front of the mirror. Through the mirror, he saw Annika. She was wearing a baby pink saree. She looked divine especially with the wet hair she had due to the shower. He stared at her in the mirror. She froze at her spot. He kept staring. Melt or burn, it was time for her to pick what she wanted to happen with herself as Shivaay was taking no name of shifting his eyes away from her.

And she was sure, she would either melt or burn by the intensity of his gaze.

"Staring is bad," she uttered.

He kept staring. Was he even listening?

"Shivaay," she tried to grab his attention once again.

The moment he realized yet again of how sexy his name sounded from her mouth. He was lost, replaying the moment she called his name again and again in his mind.

After five or so minutes, Shivaay left the room. He could go on staring at her all day, but that would be a waste of time. He couldn't let his business suffer for his wife of two days.

It freaked Annika out. It was the second day of marriage and he left office without saying a word.

Annika sighed in frustration. He could stare at her, but not make her feel like she is his wife? Wow Shivaay Singh Oberoi!

She stopped jerk at her own thoughts. If he gave her the place of his wife mattered later, was she ready to give him the place of her husband?

At the end of the day, she couldn't expect something from him unless she could provide him with the same.

***

The evening came by sooner than imagined for Shivaay and pretty late for Annika. Shivaay was busy in his office work when he got a call from Kalyani stating his urgent presence in Oberoi Mansion. Only then the thought of his wife crossed his mind. His reception party was being held tonight and he had a wife waiting for him.

Falling in Love - A Shivika Romance ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें