11. His Morning Coffee

"We will take your leave then," Shivaay shook hands with Harsh.

Harsh smiled and then walked up to Annika. He hugged her. Annika didn't respond. Harsh found it a bit unusual.

"Annika," he cupped her face.

Annika looked everywhere except for right at her father's face.

"Darling," Harsh tried to get her to talk to him. Annika stayed silent.

A while later, she let go of Harsh's hold and walked away to stand beside Shivaay.

"Shivaay, it's getting late. I think we should leave," she said.

Shivaay nodded, "We will, but bid goodbye to your Dad, first."

Annika closed her eyes and took a deep breath. The two men were the same. She couldn't share the degree of umbrage she felt towards her father at the moment.

"We are done here. Let's go." Annika suggested.

Without more questions, Shivaay walked away from the mansion. Annika followed suit.

"Annika!" Harsh called after her.

Annika turned to see her father's face. Harsh saw her face for the last time. His eyes bulged. Her accusing glance pricked him like thorns of the red roses she loved.

A weak father sat down on the couch. Annika wasn't happy. By her look, he knew that the first reason was he himself.

What had he done!

He saw a gift box beside his feet.

With Love,

Annika

Tears formed in his eyes. He took the decision of marrying Annika off to Shivaay at such a young age for her betterment. Apparently, she was not happy. He knew it by looking at her face.

The ticking sound of the clock caught his attention. Time was running out of his hands. Was he meant to leave this world with Annika's hatred?

***

Shivaay put off his blazer as soon as they entered the room. Annika approached him.

"If you don't want to go, it's fine. I will explain it to Dad," she suggested.

"No!" he denied, "we should go."

Annika furrowed his eyebrows. Anger and confusion hijacked her mind. That man married her off to a jerk, and this jerk, at once he wants her to not behave like his wife. At another time, he wants her to go on a honeymoon with him.

"It's fine if you don't want to. I will tell Dad that I backed off," Annika explained.

She didn't want to be a clingy wife. If he wants her to maintain a distance, her own self-respect didn't allow her to do anything but that.

"It's totally fine. In fact, I think it's a good idea. I mean, we can see it as a short trip after marriage rather than a honeymoon. The idea behind is to spend time and getting to know each other. Anything but that won't happen as of now." he assured her indirectly.

She knew what he meant and he knew that she got what he meant.

Annika nodded. He was nice. No, he was bad. No, he was nice. No, bad. No, nice. No, bad. Ugh! He was a confusing man.

***

Annika woke up in confusion the next morning. Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was a hell confusing man. He was a jerk, an idiot. But sometimes, a nice jerk or a cute idiot.