14. Honey Without Moon (ii)

Disclaimer: The name of the places and the pics are real, but I have no intention to copyright. Credit goes to Google. They are the sole property of their respective owners. For ease with the flow of reading , pictures are  provided at the very end of the update, so it causes minimal disraction.

***

"Once again, that's none of your business," Shivaay stated, "and don't you dare come near Annika. Consequences will be worse."

He warned her, buttoned up his blazer and left.

Mallika looked on with tears in her eyes. Sure, she was following them. But she did not do a thing except keeping an eye on them. What went beyond her understanding was why he accused her of scaring Annika. She was there last night, standing in a corner when Annika wrapped her arms tightly around Shivaay. She also felt bad for Annika who depended on Shivaay for emotional support at the time, but the latter said nothing soothing. She was not such a brave soul to try to scare Annika. She was Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi, Harsh Vardhan Kabeer's daughter, and Shivaay Singh Oberoi's wife. Mallika was certainly not so brave.

***

Annika was admiring the red roses when Shivaay came back. She basked in the warmth of his earlier words. He finds her beautiful. That meant something to her: something special, something that deserved to be cherished.

"Annika," he called her.

"Yes?" she turned to face him.

He walked closer to her

"Let's go visit somewhere else. There is a honeybee garden nearby," Shivaay suggested, walking closer to her.

"Great," Annika agreed.

Suddenly, Shivaay grabbed her arms. Annika noticed that he was very close to her, in an intimate manner. The gap would hardly qualify to be three inches. Her breathing increased rapidly, finding him so near to her. He was the first man after her father to come this close to her. And what a man he was! His eyes were inviting, his beard was sexy, his hair was sultry. Her eyes fell on his lips. She closed her own eyes due to the proximity.

"What are you doing, Shivaay?" she stammered.

"What?" he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears.

"Are you liking this place?" he spoke softly.

"Yes," she opened her eyes and stammered again, "Why don't you take two steps back?"

Shivaay smirked. He was no fool to miss the red hues on her cheeks. He was actually loving the way she reacted. It felt like plucking two mangoes with one stone. One, he was keeping unwanted people away from them and two, he was enjoying a new side of his wife.

"So, shall we go?" he asked after parting away and maintaining a nice distance.

"Huh?" Annika opened her to find him out of her private bubble. She sighed in relief. Shivaay offered her a bottle of water.

"Drink it! You need it," he said.

Annika took the bottle from his hand, opened the lid, and emptied the bottle in a go. All this while, her eyes were stuck on Shivaay. How can he have so much effect on her? she wondered.

"Now come, let's go," he held her hand again and left the place with her.

From a distance, Mallika looked on. She shook her head, feeling bad for Annika.

***

They entered the Honeybee garden located at the Polemarhi village. The village was a small one close to the beach of Tavronitis. In a two-hour tour, they saw how the beekeepers opened the hives and later retrieved honey from them.