Chapter 5 🌲

Alice pulled up at what Athena recognized immediately as the Forks High School. Jasper and Alice hopped out, followed by Rosalie and her mate. Edward got out of the car and extended a hand to help Athena out the car. She took his hand as confidently as she could but the vampire noticed her uncertainty anyhow.

A few students took notice of the unknown new girl standing next to Edward, and attempted to approach her but backed down at the sight of him. He chuckled quietly. Humans he thought.

Have fun! Edward heard Emmett tell him in his mind. He rolled his eyes but otherwise ignored him.

"Why don't you stick with us for now? It's better." Edward said under his breath to her. She nodded in agreement, thinking it would keep her from distracting chats.

The pair walked behind the rest of the Cullen siblings and into the Cafeteria where they normally hung out in the mornings before class, but not after grabbing her things form the office. She read at her schedule once and remembered all the classes by memory instantly. Athena impatiently stared at the Cafe door , Edward too, waiting for Bella to arrive as they sat on the furthest table from the door.

The stumbling girl Athena had never quite liked in the series, stepped into the room a couple minutes later. Almost instantly Edward got up and rushed out as fast as what looked normal for a human. The Cullens had no reaction to it. Athena got up and followed Edward out at a quick pace, passing by a flustered and slightly angry looking Bella who was staring after him.

"Edward?" She muttered, knowing he could hear her. She was about to go look for him as she turned but instead fell over when she bumped into a boy with a big smile on his face. It was none other than the annoying   try - to - steal - your - girl  Mike Newton.

"Athena Pellegrino, am I right?"

She nodded.

"Im-" Mike started, extending a welcoming hand for her to shake but Athena cut him off.

"Mike Newton am I right?" She said mocked him . He lowered his hand and smirked.

"How'd you know?" Mike wondered.

"Oh I just do" He let it pass.

"Right, whats your first class?" asked Mike nervously.

"English" She said.

"Oh," His face fell "well i'll see you later hopefully" Mike waved and left to the Cafe. Hopefully not she thought as she watched him leave. 

Athena stood there unmoving for a few more seconds before realizing what she had come out for. She called out to him once more, when an attractively lean figure caught her eye. She soon realized it was all Edward and thanked goodness he couldn't read her mind as far as she knew. 

"Hey" she whispered as she lowered herself next to him on the grass. "Were supposed to go to class in 15 minutes" 

"Its healthy to skip class sometimes." He said simply. She pursed her lips and shook her head. 

"You say that in the books too, besides its my first day of class in this universe! Fine i'll just go with Alice." She grumbled and walked back to the Cafeteria not a minute later, leaving to class with the rest of the Cullens besides Edward, of course. 

🌲