Chapter 31 🌲

The next morning Edward kindly cancelled going to Prom with Bella. She was bummed of course, but otherwise accepted it quite understandably, after all she could see how Athena looked at him. She was happy for them.

School ended quickly after that, but Athena felt bad for Bella. She knew how happy she had been when Edward had asked her, so she decided to make it up to her.

"Hey Edward?" Athena looked up to her new boyfriend. He turned to her, who was walking beside her and looked down at her with loving eyes.

"Yes?" He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, causing her to smile. Edward realized how lucky he was to have her at last.

"I feel a bit bad for Bella- you know since she doesn't have a prom date anymore, so I wanted to make it up for her by going prom dress shopping with her today. We might even run into someone to go with her!" Athena said excitedly. Edward frowned.

"Where?" He asked. Edward wanted her no where near those dogs.

"Port Angeles, but I heard theres this mall in La Push where they sell awesome jewelry-" 

"Not La Push. I don't want you any place near there." Edward said sternly, making Athena laugh. He looked at her in confusion.

"Edward, don't worry. I won't go anywhere near the pack." She giggled and gave him a hug.

"Y- You know?" Edward asked in confusion.

"I read the books, remember? I'll be fine don't worry yourself. I better catch up to Bella before she leaves, so see you later bloodsucker!" Athena joked and they exchanged a kiss before she let go of his hand and ran to catch up with Bella who was about to hop onto her truck. Her lightest touch could set his whole existence on fire, let alone a very heated make out session.... behind Emmett's car. 

"Bella!" Athena ran at a human pace to Bella's red car.

"Athena? Is everything alright?" Bella asked. She was confused as to why Athena would be talking to her.

"Yeah everything's fine actually, but I wanted to ask, would you want to go Prom dress shopping with me today?" Athena said, nearly jumping up and down with excitement.

"Um yeah, sure! But I have no one to go w-with-" Bella stuttered awkwardly.

"I promise we'll find you someone, and if we don't, then that still shouldn't stop you from going!" Athena said and Bella nodded. Maybe they could spend this time to bond and make things less tense between them. As long as Edward wasn't there with them, neither would the pull be.

"I should go tell Charlie- I meant my dad first though." Bella said and Athena nodded.

"Sure! I'll pick you up at 4:00 if you want?" The two girls agreed on that and soon they were on the road, realizing how much they really had in common and singing along to a recently released song.

They stopped at a mall in Port Angeles, Bella picking out a coral blue, knee length thin shoulder strap dress. Athena was about to choose a gorgeous Grey long strapless dress when something else caught her eye.

A Forest Green, velvet one-button tuxedo caught her eye. It had black lapels on the blazer with a darker green at its rim. It was modeled by a mannequin near the back of the store, the usual white button up shirt and tie replaced by a fancy corset bra. It was perfect.

"Oh my goodness! Bella look at this! Isn't it beautiful?" Athena whispered in awe. Bella walked over and saw what she was talking about.

"Athena you have to try it on! Its so nice!" Bella touched the velvety texture.

Athena exited the dressing room 3 minutes later. It was like the tuxedo was made for her. The material hugged her curves perfectly and the black corset bra fit awesomely.

"You look absolutely stunning Athena, you simply must take it!" Bella gasped once Athena had stepped out. Next they picked out shoes, Bella choosing a pair of white flat shoes with a nice bow ankle strap, Athena taking a pair of black heels.

They bought their outfits and headed to the jewelry store on the second floor. When they had finished their shopping, an idea popped into Bella's head.

"Hey Athena, would you like to meet one of my friends? I haven't hung out with him since I moved to Arizona and I thought it would be fun if we all hung out together!" Bella smiled. Athena tensed up. She knew who she was talking about, and she had no intentions of meeting him. But how could she say no? All, she had just built a much better relationship with Bella, she couldn't ruin it just like that. 

"Of course I would!" Athena smiled back at Bella who seemed happy with her answer. Oh Gosh. what have I gotten myself into? Athena thought. Sorry Edward... Athena thought gloomily.

"I want to show you this great souvenir shop, Charlie said its only a few blocks down..." 

🌲