Chapter 7 🌲

He hung up and watched as his siblings made their way over including Athena, ever so gracefully and slowly. He unlocked his Volvo and got inside. It was time to go home and he could barely wait.

"Why did you ditch us, man?" Emmett complained as he got into the car.

"Carlisle called," Alice answered for him and Edward rolled his eyes before he started the car.

"What did he want?" Rosalie asked warily.

"Athena might be going through the change, but we are not certain," Edward said as they were on their way. Athena said nothing.

We have to move again? Rosalie thought bitterly. And it wasn't even because of Bella Swan. Who would have thought?

This is so exciting! I just wish I could see so I could get away from this headache, Alice complained.

"Are you sure?" Jasper asked

"There is no mistaking the venom in her blood," Edward whispered to Jasper so that only his siblings could hear.

"This is so cool!" Emmett whispered. A new family member from another dimension at that!

"How are we going to get her to school with us again?" Alice wondered.

"We are not," Rosalie sneered and crossed her arms.

"It depends on how fast she's changing," Jasper voiced. "It was much easier to be around the humans today I might add."

The others silently agreed but remained quiet for the rest of the ride.

Pulling up to the house Edward could not ignore Esme's worried thoughts when it concerned Athena.

I'm so glad they're back, Esme thought as they all entered the house.

"We're home!" Emmett hollered.

"No shit" Athena joked under her breath and Emmett's loud laughter filled the entire house.

"At least someone in this house has a sense of humor!" Emmett boomed.

"It's good to have you back," Esme said softly, bowl in hand filled with brown cake batter.

"What are you making?" Rosalie wondered and wrinkled her nose as she passed and was on her way to go to her and Emmett's room.

"Brownies. I hope you'll like them," Esme said softly with one look up towards Athena who smiled kindly.

I wish I were human again, Emmett thought. All this food that looks tempting, but smells like shit and tastes like dirt. He sighed.

"We'll make our way upstairs" Alice said as she danced her way past, Jasper close to her as they disappeared as well.

Esme sighed. "How was school?" she then asked to Edward and Athena.

"Athena was right. Bella did ask me about my eyes. At lunch we also tried to not seem too suspicious since Bella was watching us," he responded with a frown.

Emmett gave Edward a long look before he went to the living room. Keeping one ear on Esme and Edward's conversation as he decided a channel. Athena excused herself to the restroom.

"She knows what events are coming, however her presence has obviously changed the story of these books she was talking about." Esme was walking back to the kitchen with Edward following as he spoke. She nodded in agreement. Neither had they asked exactly what the books were about. Except that they knew it included their family.

Steps made their way down the stairs and Athena stepped into the kitchen with one eyebrow raised at their suspicious looking face expressions of worry.

"Oh, hello," she didn't know what else to say as she went to fill a glass with water.

"Are you feeling well?" Esme asked concerned.

"Sure I am, why?" Athena asked.

"You seem tired but not a normal way of tired," Esme said, concern clear in her eyes and tone of voice.

"Maybe it's the new universe thing? Beats me. I feel fine, quite awake too."

"If it is not too much trouble would you let me take another blood sample of you?" Edward asked.

Athena shrugged. "Why not? Do your worst," she said and stretched out her right arm towards him.

For a moment he disappeared and then he was back with a syringe. She watched as he drew blood and three pairs of eyes widened as a purple liquid filled the tube.

"What the hell!" Athena exclaimed staring at the tube wide-eyed.

"I have never seen anything like this before," Edward muttered astonished.

"I better call Carlisle," Esme muttered and hurried out of the kitchen.

Athena took one more look at her purple blood and then she felt her world go black.

🌲