Chapter 17 🌲

The feelings storming through her made her different somehow. She was a bit scared of herself, especially when it came to Bella. Earlier she really had wanted to rip her apart. But as fast as Edward was out of her presence when Bella was around, the feeling died down. Even though she still felt the threat running through her veins. Truly, what was wrong with her indeed. Sure, she did not especially like Bella from Twilight, but she never wanted to kill her. And to be frank, she never thought she would have the urge to kill anyone. She shook her head. The pull within her hearts started to get stronger and wanted her to move. Move forward. She stood and started walking towards the door. She opened it and her feet moved by themselves. Down the stairs and to the living room. Most of the Cullen family were gathered there, except Carlisle. She stopped as the pull fainted and she looked around the room. At once their whispers quieted down.

"Are you ok, dear?" Esme asked as she got up from the couch.

"Feeling much better, yeah," Athena said quietly. Her eyes moving from vampire to vampire and so on.

"Don't look so sceptic, it isn't your fault" Rosalie scolded.

"Sorry," Athena mumbled and a faint blush covered her cheeks as she smiled.

"Don't worry about it, Athena. We understand that it can be difficult," Jasper said as he stood with Alice.

"Athena, may I buy some new clothes for you?" Alice asked excitedly.

"But you already did, like two days ago!" Athena said.

"Pleasee?" Alice begged.

"Well, as long as it is nothing pink, if  it is going to be pink it needs to be in a dark shade close to red," she said as Alice started to jump up and down in excitement. "And nothing yellow! That color just hates me," she added with a laugh.

"Deal!" Alice said happily and rushed out the doors.

"Do you want some tea?" Esme asked, as she was ready to leave as well.

"Why not," Athena replied with a smile as she went over and sat on the couch beside Edward. The pull got stronger again and she almost leaned in towards him. However, she managed to notice before she did and stopped herself. "Did any of you call Carlisle?" she asked. Knowing that indeed they had.

"Yes, Jasper made the call earlier. However, Carlisle could not speak with us yet. We will talk with him when he returns," Edward said, eyes fixated on the TV. Neither one of them looked or even spoke to each other. They felt strange, but little did Athena know he had felt the pull too.

🌲