Chapter Eight

"Hey, Rod, What's your WiFi password?" Neil walked into my house with his phone in his hands and Margaret following him. 

I looked up from the book I was reading. "Well, hello to you too." I said sarcastically. "Oh, and hi Margaret." I smiled at Margaret and went back to my book after she waved back. 

"I hate you." Neil jumped and sat on the sofa next to me. 

"I never said that I love you." I shrugged as I continued with my awesome book. 

"Seriously? Put that damn book away!" Neil poked me. 

"No." I said and smiled sarcastically. 

I knew he always hated books. Neil and books don't go along. That's what I've found out a few days ago. I was reading The Fault in Our Stars and what happened in the end? Neil took the fucking book out of my hands and burned it. Of course I slapped him across the face first, but just got an 'I hate books just like that' as an answer. 

"You're mean." I imagined him pouting. 

"When did you see me caring?" I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Come on, Rod! You're still mad about the whole 'Fault in Our Stars' stuff?" He scoffed. 

I looked at the page I was on and closed the book. I slowly put it on the table and crossed my arms over my chest as I gave him the deadliest glare I ever gave someone in my whole life. I saw him flinch a bit, but he pushed it away and smirked at me. So you want to play the game now. I took the book and hit him hard on his head. 

"Ouch! You bitch!" he yelled and I glared even harder. He saw my mischievous glint and pulled back. 

He laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head. His sheepish smile just made me smile. He looked so adorable, that I wanted to pinch his cheeks. I looked at Margaret and she was pretty much staring at Neil. I had the sudden urge to face palm myself. No really, these two need to grow up and tell each other their feelings already. Suddenly I get an idea. 

Neil's POV

Hadley took the book she had placed on the table after she hit me on my head and stood up. She was three months pregnant, so her baby stomach was starting to get visible. I was happy for Hadley. Her life with her parents was the worst thing that can happen to anybody. It's not a good life she led there. She had told me everything and the only question I asked her left her speechless. Why didn't she move out of there when she turned eighteen? 

It's her birthday soon and she will be twenty-two years old. My Hadley is growing up. Enough with being dramatic. She was living in that house for nine useless years. Way to go cousin, way to go. I swear I have the stupidest people as the closest ones. Just like Margaret... Margaret... 

Even her name makes me all naughty. I swear, that girl can do anything to me. That brings me to the question, why aren't we together yet? 

Because you're too much of a coward to go and ask her out, idiot! 

What the fuck!? Where the hell did that voice come from!? I don't remember me being so retarded that I am starting to hear stupid voices insulting me in my own motha-effing head. I need to visit a psychiatrist. I need help. My brain is starting to get it's own brain. 

"I'm coming in a few. I'm going to put this book back and go take a shower." Hadley said and I nodded. 

As she walked away, I realized that my Margaret hadn't said anything for the whole ride here, which was a bit too weird. She usually talks a lot to me when we get the chance to talk. I cocked my head to the side and watched her suspiciously. There really is something wrong with her.