Chapter Four

I raised my eyebrow at her as she smiled widely at me. Like, seriously, you cannot just come and say 'hi' to me after fourteen fucking years. Does she really think that everything will be fine after all that she has done to me? I trusted her so much and at the end she just left... Just like that. Bitch.

"Do I know you?" I spat at her. 

"Hadley, don't you remember me? I'm April." she frowned. "I know my looks became better, but you would still be able to recognize me." 

"Well, I don't remember any April. I just know the month. I never came across a human April in my life." I faked a smile, which I actually knew that I looked like a donkey that just used sarcasm. 

"Don't use sarcasm on me, Hadley. I know you remember me." she rolled her eyes. 

"Yay! You deserve an award!" I fake cheered.

"We were best friends!" she yelled. 

"You fucking said it yourself! We were best friends! Now I have two other real best friends, so shut your fucking face quietly and walk away from here. Or no, I'll just walk away!" I yelled back, but I remembered that Ryan was still in my arms and I just swore. Xavier is going to kill me, all because of this bitch. 

I tempted to walk away from her, but she stopped me. "You know what you did was your fault, right." she smirked at me. 

I turned around and smiled at her. "I know it was my fault, and I don't regret doing what I did. You asked for it yourself, and if you would be a good best friend, then you would also agree with me and accept your mistake." I turned around and started walking away, but then remembered something. "P.S. You don't have good looks, you look like a frog did plastic surgery to get bigger boobs and effing huge lips." with that said, I walked away from there.

---

"Who was that, Rod?" Neil asked. 

"Who was who?" I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"That girl in the park." Margaret raised an eyebrow at me. 

Now I had everyone's attention on me. Grandma, dad, Neil, Margaret, Sarina, Ryan and Xavier. Oh fuck. 

"She's somebody that I used to know." I said. 

"Now you're just somebody that I used to know!" Neil sang in a high pitched voice, making everyone laugh. 

"Now, seriously, who was it?" Sarina asked seriously. 

"April." I said, avoiding eye contact. 

"That b- ugly looking creature." Sarina quickly covered. 

"I know right." Margaret said. 

"You don't even know her." Sarina chuckled. 

"That is the fudging point." she smirked and I grinned. 

I shook my head at them and glanced at dad. He looked a bit too tired and stressed, so I asked him if he wanted to go and rest a bit. He needed some rest. We were so occupied with friends that we didn't even have time for dad that much. I felt so bad that he was so tired and had no attention from us. 

---

"Xavier." I called as I stared at the wall in front of me. 

"Hmm?" he hummed.

We were lying on the bed with Xavier's arm wrapped around my waist. I was thinking about dad the whole day. At first we got married because of dad. I can't believe I forgot about his heart problems.