Chapter Five

"I don't want to talk about her." I said grumpily and put the cake back in the fridge.

"Was it that bad?" Xavier asked. 

"Yes it was!" I answered rudely and just walked away from there, leaving Xavier behind. 

I hated talking to him like that, but he asked for it himself. He shouldn't have asked about April! He should know already that she means nothing to me anymore and that I hate her! He shouldn't! I opened the bedroom door a bit too roughly and walked into the bathroom and locked the door. 

I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself. I groaned in frustration as I ran my hands over my face. I hate thinking about April and about what she did to me. It was not entirely my fault about what happened. I was just trying to help that innocent girl. It was not my fault I chose to help her instead of taking April's side. She chose to leave and I let her go. Why did I let her go!? I shouldn't have let her go. Maybe all of this really is all my fault... 

I sat on the floor with my back leaned against the door. I wish I didn't just let her walk through that door. Maybe I could have done something to change her back. But by the way she's acting now, it's showing that she she hasn't changed a bit since that day. 

"Hadley..." Xavier called me. I didn't respond, just stared at the wall in front of me. "I'm sorry, sunshine.. I didn't mean to make you sad." 

I still didn't respond. I felt as if I was numb for a second. Why was I so sad about April anyways!? 

"Xavier..." I called his name lowly.  

Xavier's POV 

 I was about to walk away when I heard her whisper my name. It wasn't that loud, but loud enough for me to hear her. I sat on the floor and carefully listened, because I now knew that she wouldn't talk so loud for me to hear her. 

 "Yes, Hadley?" 

"Have you ever lost a best friend?" she whispered, but loud enough for me to hear her.

"Yeah.. I have.. I lost my mom..." I said.

"It hurts, doesn't it?" 

"Yeah... It does..." I pursed my lips. 

 It was silent for a few minutes, so we could rest our thoughts a bit. So, it was bad. I really want to know what April did to Hadley and what made that they hated each other's guts so much now. And Hadley doesn't even want to talk about it, and I am worrying myself that she might hurt herself in any kind of way. 

I rested my forehead on the door and knocked. "Hadley, baby, can you please come out? I love you. I really do." I don't know what made me say that, but I felt as if I needed to say that. Not now, but forever. 

I heard a click on the other  side of the door and I stood up. The door opened and Hadley walked out with red eyes, as if she was crying, which I think  she was. 

Hadley's POV

 I walked out of the bathroom an saw Xavier giving me an encouraging smile. I didn't smile back and instead of looking at him, I kept staring at the floor. I didn't want to face him. I felt bad for behaving like a stubborn kid. He was just asking, he was caring. That's all I wanted for pretty much my entire life- and now that I have it I can't even appreciate it! What kind of person am I!? 

Xavier rested his index finger under my chin and lifted it gently so I can face him, but I still didn't look at him. I kept my face low. For all I still knew that he was smiling warmly at me and that my heart was beating too fast. Why the hell was he smiling at me while all I did was being annoying as fuck!?

"Look at me." Xavier said, his voice sounding a but husky. But I still refused to look at him. "Can you please look at me?" he asked once again, wrapping his other arm around my waist. 

I moved my gaze from the floor to his face. His eyes held so many emotions in one. I could clearly see all the love he as for me written in his eyes. He didn't have to tell me he loves me, his eyes told it all. I was feeling a little better by seeing his face after crying so much, but anyways, at least he cares so much! 

He smiled brightly at me and kissed me on my lips. It was not that long, but it was long enough  to tell me that he loves me. "I love you, okay?" 

I smiled and nodded, making him smile even wider. I didn't know it was possible for an average human to smile that bright, but hey, he's Xavier. He can do anything. Except for the impossible things like flying and all those kinds of crap, even though those things are awesome. Why!?

"Why do I have the feeling that you're being a drama queen in your head?" Xavier squinted his eyes at me.  

I grinned and winked at him before walking to the bed and lying down. I felt the bed behind me dip and I rolled over, watching Xavier finding a comfortable position. I smiled and rested my head on his chest, making him wrap an arm around my waist automatically. I smiled and let myself doze into sleep. 

---

I smiled when Xavier made a master plan about pranking Neil. We were at the doctor earlier and everything was going just fine. If you wanted to know what the prank is, you might just know it a few hours later. It's actually not really a prank, it's more to bring him and Margaret together, but the plan is fucking hilarious!

I need to stop cussing. I cuss way too fucking much.

 "So when is the mission taking place? And where?" I asked.

"Well, we can't do it at his house because he knows his house too well. So let's do this at ours." he winked.

"But Ryan then?" I asked.

"We're going let him sleep in our room. When he's asleep there peacefully then we can complete our pleasant mission." Xavier grinned evilly. 

"I swear, you are the most evil person I have ever met." I grinned. 

"No, sweetheart. I am the second most evil person you have ever met. Your parents are the most evil one I know. They deserve to be eaten by donkeys!!" Xavier grinned more evilly. 

Well, I think he's more evil then my parents, right? 

Even though Xavier is sometimes acting childish, that is the best quality I like about him. He is the living proof on the fact that guys be twenty-two, looking eighteen and acting like ten. Weird, I know. But that is how guys are, and don't deny it! You know it's true!

"And you say they are more evil than you." I commented sarcastically, making him narrow his eyes at me.

"Yeah, I'm evil and you need help." he smirked. 

I gasped and hit him with my bag on his head. "I do not!" 

Xavier faked a cough and he shot me a sheepish smile when I glared at him. He winked and kept his gaze on the road again. I texted Margaret and Neil, inviting them to come over to spend some time with us, actually to prank them, but you get the point. 

"They'll be there!" I winked at Xavier making him grin evilly again. 

This going to be good!

---

Hey everyone!!!! 

I would like to thank all of you for voting, loving, following and adding this story to your precious reading lists! I love you all so much! Thank you so much! 

Also I wrote a book that is against bullying, so maybe you could check that out, share it, tell your parents about it, and hey, maybe even spreading it all over the place! Protest against bullying! The title is We're Fighters and I hope you like it.

I'm gonna go now, so see you later till then

-vote

-comment

-follow

And share if you can!!! BYE DUDES!!!!!!!