Chapter 4: Work

I went onto my way and drove to my workplace. I turned on the radio and listened to the song the radio has for me. I actually love listening to songs, they're like my only escape from reality.

I opened the drivers window and I was met by a cold wind gushing into my car and slapped my face, making my hair flow backwards. I hummed along with the song and focused on the road.

And before I knew it I parked my car in the parking lot in-front of the shop. The front of the shop has a big window in the left side and the entrance on the right side, above it is a black wall light. Well trimmed bushes underneath the window and a green, stripped with white lines roofing fabric above it.

I grabbed my belongings that I'm going to need from the passenger seat. I opened the car door and stepped outside. It was cold so I'm lucky I wore my hoodie today.

I went inside the Coffee Shop being met by a warm feeling, home like feeling. The shop was fairly empty because this shop just opened a week ago. The chairs were a light beige color with black rims and same with the tables. I waved hi to my co-worker and quickly changed into my working clothes. I looked at the time on my phone and it said that it's seven(7) p.m.

You might be wondering. Why is there even an open Coffee Shop in the evening? I don't even know, my boss might have some problems.

I like it though because I can do my schoolwork's since there's not so many people when it's evening.

I'm with my co-worker, Olivia. She has black hair, dark brown eyes that if you look from a far you'd thought right away that it's black, she's really good at reading people which is kinda cool and she also has a pretty good humor, not gonna lie.

She's really nice to me and she's funny. She jokes something about anything and she does some dirty jokes too, which is the best.

I talked to her for 10 minutes, giggles and laughs passing through our lips. I sat in one of the tables and did some of my schoolwork's.

I heard the doorbell jingles signifying that someone entered the store. I didn't looked up to the person since Olivia is on the counter to supervise the costumers.

And no I'm not a shitty co-worker. I'm the one closing and cleaning the whole store, okay?

While I was doing my schoolwork's there's this feeling on me again, like the one in the school cafeteria. It's actually not a creepy feeling, it's more on the comfortable side.

I can't stand it anymore so I looked around and there's Clay, staring at me with a smug look from across the table I was on. He was wearing a black tee and ripped jeans. Why is he even here.

'Does he know?' I thought, does he know that I liked him? That i love him? Is that why he's been following me all day? but I quickly shrugged it off to avoid awkward tension.

Goosebumps begin to cripple all over of my body. His stares are so powerful that you can feel it without even knowing.

'Why is he here?' I thought.

'Of course to buy some coffee' I rolled my eyes responding on my own thoughts.

Hours have passed by but I still felt his stare burning straight onto my cheek. I ignored it and tried to focus on what I'm doing.

I heard the door bell jingled again signifying that someone has left the store. Waves of relief came rushing into me, thinking that it was Clay and not even thinking to look at the person that just left.

______

I heard my phone alarming that it's time to close the store. I looked at it and noticed that Olivia texted me 'good luck ;)' I whipped my head up to just see the one and only Clay. She didn't even told me that she's going to log out.

I tried to play it cool but I think he still notice it as I saw him create a smirk on his face.

'Fuck! Why.' I thought. He is so hot, I don't understand.

So basically it was just me and Clay in the store. I mopped the white tiled floor and wiped the black counters and also the tables.

When it was time to clean his table, my anxiety came rushing in. I get to his table and politely cleaned the table top. I smiled softly to show politeness and didn't say a word or any sound at all.

I've done cleaning it and walked into the staff's changing room to change into my normal clothes. I looked around for a minute looking for my car keys. I found it as i remembered that it was in my backpack. Damn, how bad is my anxiety?!

I walked out of the back room only to find Clay still sitting and only realized on how I can close the store if Clay is still there, sitting. So I sat behind the counter and waited.

He's using his phone, his fingers swiftly moving on the screen looking like he's typing. 'Is he waiting for someone?' I thought.

'Ehh none of my business'.

______

I was scrolling on my phone for a long time now, so I looked up just to see Clay standing up from his seat. 'Thank God' I thought but instead of heading to the exit.

He walked towards me. I stared at him as I felt the time slowing down. My hands began shaking from the anxiety. The sound of the footsteps that he makes as he steps, echoes through the empty shop. I felt the heat creeping up into my ears, and my heart beating faster than a cheetah.

'No thank God'. I blinked