30 | Elvira

Song listed at the top: Into your arms by Ava Max (no rap)

It's two days after and I am still basically jumping around with happiness

When Zane dropped me off, I had a smile on my face that I seriously couldn't get off. Hazel was hell bent on finding out so I told her I will tell her later and I kept saying that until she forgot. I don't want to tell anyone anything yet.

The mind-blowing kiss he gave me when we got to his car has still got my stomach twisting just thinking about it. I still remember how fast my heart raced as he backed me in the car and got my mind fogged up with nothing but his lips in my mind. Nothing but his hands holding mine above my head, nothing but him. Nothing but Zane himself.

The way the whole day his piercing gaze was following me around, I instantly looked away when I made eye contact with his fiery hazel eyes because it got me nervous. I can look at men right in the eyes and talk with power but Zane manages to falter that. The effect he has on me is insane.

It's weird. Exciting and nerve wrecking.

When I was at the restaurant later in the day, Arya was ordering so much food off the menu and I didn't have it in me to tell her not to due to the fact that I ate so much already. Nonetheless, the time spent with them was amazing yet my mind kept replaying the amazing day I had.

Who knew Zane would do something like this? I didn't. I thought he would drop me off since he might have had work to do but I was shocked when he asked me where we could go.

I know Zane isn't a bad person no matter how rude he is, so I don't expect him to pull the cold shoulder on me after that day but I still didn't want to get my hopes up so soon.

I spent the entire next day with Arya and Hazel going around shopping and having a day off with them. Arya brought me so many perfumes and skincare stuff that I don't even want. She told me what I already have isn't enough as if my whole vanity isn't full off them. Hazel was leading me to stores with home décor, smelling every candle she could see. After some time, my nose was feeling weird and I couldn't even tell if anything smelled nice anymore. At the end of the day, we had crashed back at my apartment and watched movies the whole night.

Now, it's time to go back to work.

Thankfully, my dark thoughts have been kept at bay. I tried my best to bury them in the back of my mind so they didn't haunt me throughout the day. But when I got back to the office, an envelope was waiting on my desk that messed up everything.

Looking at it on my desk right now, I don't know whether I should tell Zane or not. He hasn't told me anything about Veronica and Kaden or what he is doing for that matter. I need to ask him about this.

Leaving the envelope untouched, I get on with the day now setting up constant meetings in the next few days with close more important clients.

"Come in," I call out when someone knocks on my office door. Ella walks in with a smile on her face and starts listing off the rest of the things I will have to do today.