8 | Elvira

"Kade it's fine

"Kade it's fine. It wasn't your fault," I sigh as I lean against the floor-to-ceiling window of my office staring out at the sunny day outside.

"Can I call you back? I have loads to do today,"

"Ok fine but you better call me back ok? And don't you dare take anything Zane said to heart. He is a selfish bastard like that," I laugh at his use of language.

"Alright then bye," I hang up after that.

Honestly speaking, it was no one's fault. I'm not taking what Zane said to heart. Trust me I'm not. I was in his workplace having a chat with his employee during work hours like he said, so the fault is partially mine.

I shouldn't have gone anyway. So I put this all behind because it is a new day today and I should get on with work.

I should be happy to be living another day and be celebrating it. Putting a smile on my face, I turn around and go to sit at my desk.

New day Elvira. New opportunity.

Don't let one bad day falter this.

"I don't know what the hell happened to you but you are scaring me. You are extra cheery today and it's freaking raining outside," Arya says from in front of me.

She has come here to show me the monthly financial reports of each department.

Putting down the paper in front of me, I look at her with a smile on my face. She scrunches her face at me smiling again and sighs.

"Who are you taking to Paris?" I ponder over this question because I totally forgot about it.

"Do you want to go?" She gives me a deadpanned face.

"Of course not. Who is going to take care of all this then?" I lean across the table and hold her hands.

"Please? You know Hazel can't because as soon as we come back, her graduation happens and you are my only hope." She doesn't budge.

"Come on Arya. You are my only hope and you know I might do something bad and you won't be there to stop me and you know I have-"

"Ok fine damn it!" She slams her hands on the table but points a finger at me.

"You better not make me regret this." I shake my head, walking around the table I hug her while she is sitting down making the hug awkward but I make it work.

"Ugh, you can leave me now. You know I hate hugs," I move away from her laughing and we continue with the examination of the reports.

***

"Ella, I want you to arrange the private jet to be available on Saturday up until the next Saturday. Got it?" I say to her as I am exiting the office. It's the afternoon right now and I am heading home. A long tiring day is what it was.