Parshawna Macduff- The Introduction

{Present World} [Year- 2008]

SHAWNA'S POV:

Everyone's life was complicated, but mine was super complicated

Everyone's life was complicated, but mine was super complicated. I am Parshawna Macduff, I am 16 years old girl who lives in London, with my mother. As per what my mom told me, My father died in a car accident before I was born. So, we did not have enough money to live by ourselves, and because my mom was diagnosed with severe heart problems, and that's why she couldn't get a job. We live in the attic of our uncle's home. We stay with uncle Tom and her fat mean wife aunt Nevlin and their only daughter Shany. She is just a replica of her mother, with big moles in her nose, fat, and mean. They never leave any option to insult me and my mom. But uncle Tom was a nice person. always helped us, took our side whenever aunt Nevlin and Shany tries to give us trouble. He did a lot for us from the beginning. But aunt Nevlin always tries to stop him from doing so.

AND THE TIME SHIFT- TODAY 12th June 2008:

I was sitting at the corner of the bed, holding a glass of milk that my mom had just given me, while mom is busy cleaning our untidy room. She had a fever from yesterday but she kept working without taking any rest.

I looked at her as I said-" Mom, don't go to work today, you are sick. You can't even stand properly. I will do it for today..."

Mom replied as she cut me off with a so-called smile on her face-" No dear, You know Nevlin is, She will just create more chaos. And I don't want her to come and beat you again". She walked began to walk away after completing her work in the room.

I tried to stop her-" But mom..."

She turned back from the door, walked a few steps towards me, and sat beside me, she holds my hands in hers and replied with a warm smile-" I am okay dear, It's just a little fever. I will be alright. Besides, now you must go to uncle Tom as it is time for your classes, he is waiting. Or else, it will be too late and Nevlin will get to know. And you know what will happen then... So we should carry on with our work okay?"

I replied with a non-acceptance face-" Okay mom, but you take care okay?"

Mom replied with a big smile as always while caressing my hair-" I will. Now, go. I love you"

I replied-" I love you" as I walked away along with my books and I sneaked out to the storeroom in the garden.

Mom left to her usual household work that aunt Nevlin keeps every morning. She makes things more dirty and complicated as much as she can only to bring mom into trouble. But mom never speaks any words and she continues her work so that she allows us to stay in the house.

Meanwhile, Uncle Tom waits in the storeroom every day for me, to give me tuition. Because aunt Nevlin never allows me to go to school like other kids. She said-" That would be a waste of money" As we are already living and eating foods free of cost. We must do something to return them. So uncle Tom found a way to help me. In Morning she is usually busy giving mom household work as much as possible. That was the perfect time where she doesn't bother about me much and I take free schooling tuition from uncle Tom. We get full three hours for the class where he teaches me about the outside world and what is necessary. Then I come back and help Shany to choose her dress for school, make breakfast, make her bag, tie her shoes and help her get ready for school.