The Piracy Amends

Her name was Ruby. She was the leader of these dwarfs and so-called pirates. The look on her face was tough. Behind those beautiful eyes, I could feel the pain and see the storm that was coming through. 

Who is she? What is she doing here?

The question lingered at the back of my mind. We are currently in her cabin at the ship. She asked to let me go as I asked to have a settled conversation. From nature, she looked quite observant but her eyes said she was very impatient. 

She poured red wine into two cups on the table as she offered one to me and the other one she gulped down in one go. She asked-" How did you come to know about us?"

" I came here in the search of the Stone of the arch."- I replied calmly.

She knitted her brows as she asked-" The stone?"

She knitted her brows as she asked-" The stone?". The laughed after a long pause and I kept looking at her blankly. She stopped and replied still while laughing-" The s-sirens will kill you before you try to take them"

"I know that. But I have no option. I need that... To save my people... My country... Dear ones"- I said before gulping down the red wine through my mouth. 

It was the time to tell her what she needs to know as to which I faced her properly and began to tell her one by one. She listens to me with all her patients. I told her one by one about what we have faced and what we have lost... What lingered behind the darkness for this WitchLands. I didn't want to scare her away so I just said the important part. 

Throughout the conversation her face was expressionless. It was hard to read what was going on in her mind. I was scared about whether will I be able to convenience them or not. 

She asked after I finished-" So there was a woman named Gina who sent you here?"

I paused before I replied-" Y-Yes. She kind of directed us here. But is an elemental witch, that made her stronger than any of us. Thus with her powers, she guided us here. But... The walls are visible to me while I was searching for the way. And then... your men abducted me"

She laughed out loud as she said-" Well... It was a good story woman. I don't know if I could believe it or not. many hunters come here telling us kind of the same story in the search of the precious stone and our possessions. But we have been learned to evolve in these years..."