Chapter 29

Act III
Chapter 29 ━━ Vampire Magnet

Act IIIChapter 29 ━━ Vampire Magnet

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Shelley makes herself out of the bathroom after changing into a loose shirt dress only to run into Jacob. He holds her close to him and nestles his head in the crook of her neck. Her stomach growls loudly as she wraps her arms around him. "I'm hungry." 

He let go only enough to scoop her up and walk her downstairs. 

"Jake, I can walk." 

He just ignores her and carries her all the way into the kitchen. Once he makes it to the kitchen and sets her in the chair and kisses her cheek. 

"Stupid mutt." She mutters under her breath. 

"I can hear you." He says with a playful glare and she giggles. 

"You can cook?" She asks as he looks into the refrigerator with a stressed look. 

"Yeah?" He sounds unsure of his own words. But then again, he closes the refrigerator and sighs. "Okay. I suck at cooking stuff." 

"Pizza sounds good." 

There's a frown on his face. "I'm a bad mate. I can't even cook you a meal when you're not well." 

"Hey, it's okay. I can't even cook. We're equally screwed on that subject." 

"I'll make it up for you." He says, then pauses before he sniffs into the air and his face turns cold. "Your friendly boyfriend is here." 

"Oh." 

"Here." He takes off his shirt jacket and hands it to the blonde. "Wear this or change your outfit to a less revealing dress." 

Shelley is not wearing a bra underneath my shirt dress because of her giant bandage and she thought he didn't notice. Okay, she is embarrassed now. She quickly grabs the shirt jacket and puts it on, too lazy to change into another. It's larger than her small figure and hugging up to her mid-thighs. It smells like Jacob. 

"I'll be back." He grumbles under his breath before jogging out of the house from the back door and into the woods. 

The front door opens and Esdras walks in with two bags. One of them is full of books and the other is…

"Are those cheeseburgers?" Shelley squeaks, pointing at the paper bag with a print of a burger on it. 

He nods and without thinking twice, she snatches it out of his hands and digs into the burgers like a pig. 

"Congratulations! We're best friends again." 

Once she's nice and full, she looks at him to see him leaning into the counter with an amused smile. 

"Done?" 

"Yup." 

"Get your ass here and give me a hug then."