Chapter 24

Act II
Chapter 24 ━━ Just A Week

Act IIChapter 24 ━━ Just A Week

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Shelley is sitting beside Esdras at the Cullen's residence which has been restored to its original warmth and beauty. The Cullens are back as Bella after three full days. It was hard to lie to Charlie but the blonde did that for her sister's sake.

"You all know what Edward wants. And you know what I want. But I won't force myself on you..." Bella trails off, gesturing at the entire Cullen family and the blonde who surrounds Bella. Edward sits off to the side as Bella addresses them. "I think the only fair way to handle this is by vote."

"You can't be serious." Edward says.

"This is my meeting, Edward." Bella states firmly. Edward, frustrated, sits back. She faces the family again. "However this turns out, I'm not letting the Volturi hurt you. I'll go back to Italy alone."

"The hell you will. I'm not missing another fight."

"That's not up for a vote, Emmett. I don't want you involved."

"We've always been involved, honey, and we're not going to stop." Esme tells her with a kind smile.

"No, please. I want you to seriously think about this. If I join you, you'll be stuck with me for a long time. Forever. It's a huge decision. And I want... I need your honesty here." Bella says and they all nod or otherwise communicate agreement.

"Then let's take a vote... Alice?" She turns to Alice.

The pixie Cullen jumps up and hugs Bella. "Like you're not already my sister. Of course, yes!"

Bella smiles and Jasper rises but keeps his distance.

"I vote yes. It'll be a relief not to want to kill you."

"Um. Thanks? Okay, Rosalie?" She then turns to Rosalie.

Rosalie, torn, looks at Edward who's stony toward her. "Edward, I'm sorry for what I did. I really am. And I know you're not ready to forgive me..."

She then turns to Bella. "But this isn't the life I'd have chosen for myself. I wish there'd been someone to vote no for me..." She exchanges a glance with Carlisle then presents her answer. "So... no."

Bella takes it stoically when Emmett bounds over and lifts Bella into a bear hug.

"I vote hell yeah. We can pick a fight with these Volturi some other way."

"Edward can be a dick sometimes. But he is my brother and he means a lot. So yes. You have my vote for the sake of his life." Esdras steps forward and hugs Bella.

Bella looks at her sister nervously. "Shells."

"I know that I shouldn't agree with you on this. But I know that you can't think of a life without him and..." The blonde twin rambles.