Chapter 5

Act I
Chapter 5 ━━ Mysterious Family

Act IChapter 5 ━━ Mysterious Family

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

The day goes awkwardly fast. After talking to Jessica, Shelley walks to the parking lot to see Bella standing by her car as she promised her. She's staring at Edward, who's staring back at her.

Shelley waves at Esdras who smiles back at her. She bids goodbye to Jessica before turning around to walk over Bella. Suddenly, her eyes catch Tyler's van going out of control in the effort to avoid a reversing car. Tyler's van comes towards Bella. Shit.

"Bella! Watch out!" She screams, making her sister turn around. But it's too late. The van goes straight into her. Her heart drops. This can't be happening. 

Pushing past the crowd of students who are now surrounding the accident, Shelley moves herself to the front to see Edward hopping over Bella's truck. What is he doing here?

Shelley sighs in relief as she notices an unharmed but confused Bella standing in between Tyler's van and the truck.

"Bella." She pulls her sister into a tight hug. "You scared me to hell. You Okay?"

Bella nods still somewhat in shock. "Yeah."

"Bella, I'm so sorry, I-I panicked." Tyler apologises.

"I've got 911 on the phone now." Angela takes her phone out.

"What happened?" Shelley asks her sister as she examines Tyler's van which is damaged where Bella stood before.

"Edward happened. He saved me." Bella admits.

Soon enough Shelley finds herself in the hospital, waiting for the doctor to arrive.

"Bella. You okay?" Charlie asks Bella for the millionth time and turns to Tyler. "You and I are gonna talk." He turns to Bella again. "You alright?"

"I'm fine, dad. Calm down." Bella says.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I tried to stop." Tyler apologises from the bed next to Bella's. His head is slightly bruised and a doctor is doing treatment on him.

"No, it sure as hell is not okay." Charlie glares at the injured boy.

"Dad, it wasn't his fault." Bella defends her friend.

"You could've been killed, you understand that?" Charlie argues and turns to the younger twin. "Shell, explain how dangerous this is."

Bella gives her sister a look, pleading to defend their classmate. So she does.

"I know, Dad. She could have died. But-"

Charlie cuts her off as he turns to Tyler. "You can kiss your licence goodbye." 

A blond man who Shelley assumes to be the doctor enters the room. "I heard the chief's daughter was here."

"Hello, Dr. Cullen." Charlie waves at him.

"Charlie. I've got this one, Jakie." Dr. Cullen turns to the blonde twin. "You must be, Shelley."

"Yeah." Shelley nods with a smile.

He then turns to Bella. "Isabella..."

"Bella." Bella corrects him.

"Right, Bella. Looks like you took quite a spill. How do you feel?" He questions.

"Good." Bella says simply.

"Look here. You might experience some post traumatic stress, disorientation, but your vitals look good. No signs of head trauma, I think you'll be just fine." Dr. Cullen explains.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I'm really-" Tyler starts again but Charlie abruptly pulls the curtains between Tyler and them.

"You know it would have been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there to knock me out of the way." Bella says and Shelley raises an eyebrow. So, that's what he was doing there. But how did he cross the parking lot that fast? He was next to his car. Does this guy have super powers?

"Edward? Your boy?" Charlie asks the doctor.

"Yeah, it was amazing. I mean he got me so fast. He was nowhere near me." Bella says.

"Sounds like you were lucky, Charlie." Dr. Cullen says before he leaves the room.

"I just have to sign some papers. You two should probably call mom." Charlie says to his daughters.

"Did you tell her?" Bella turns me from Charlie as he leaves. "You let him call mom? She's probably freaking out."

"It was dad's idea." Shelley tells them as they walk out of the room. "He's worried about you, Bella. I don't blame him for that."

The two of them turn past the corner to see Edward, Esdras, Rosalie and Dr. Cullen talking.

"What was I supposed to do? Let her die?" Edward asks.

"This isn't just about you, it's about all of us." Rosalie says.

"I think he did the right thing." Esdras defends his twin brother.

"Stop defending him, Ezra." Rosalie glares at Esdras. "I think you two must remember how we agreed to stay away from people."

"He saved her life. Is it a crime to save someone's life?" Esdras asks. 

"Do you want me to recall what happened last time you went to be the hero for the ex love of your life?" Rosalie asks and it seems the argument has turned from Bella's accident to another now.

"You nearly died that day!" Rosalie yells at him.

"It was different." Esdras looks sad at the mention of his nostalgia and then it turns to anger. "And I don't think that gives any matter to you, Rosalie!"

"Oh yeah. It doesn't matter to me anyway. And I know what you're up to. She's not her, Ezra. You should realise that one day or another." Rosalie states. Her eyes show anger and jealousy inside them as her words. 

"I think we should take this in my office." Dr. Cullen says as he sees the Swan twins.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Bella asks Edward as he steps forward.

"Rosalie. Ezra." Dr. Cullen calls out giving them the signal to follow him as he leaves. Esdras gives the blonde twin a final look before he follows Carlisle along with a still angry looking Rosalie.

"I'll call mom." Shelley says to Bella and leaves, giving them privacy to talk. Her mind begins to wonder what they were talking about? Why did Esdras look sad at the mention of his ex-girlfriend or whoever Rosalie was talking about? Maybe they had a horrible relationship and they broke up. And now he misses her. What about the almost getting killed part?

Shelley should stop thinking about these things now. Maybe she can ask him later. The incident happened back at the parking lot.

Once again, the twins are in Bella's room and the elder twin is explaining what she and Edward talked back at the hospital.

"Bella, you hit your head. I think you're confused. I was right next to you." Bella mimics what Edward said back at the hospital, pacing around the room. 

"Well I hope you enjoy the disappointment." She continues to mimic and Shelley laughs. "Why does he have to be so rude? I just asked him a question! It's either I'm crazy or he has secret powers."

"I saw with my own eyes that you two were staring at each other like a staring contest. And he had his fair distance from you. So, I guess I believe you." Shelley admits, making Bella stop pacing.

"Does that mean I haven't gone mad?"

"Of course, sis. There's something ongoing with this mysterious family. Try to get details from Edward. If he isn't going to spill anything, we can try it in another way. Let's see what's going to happen next."