三十二

"Sukuna..."

"Hmm?"

"Can I..." Megumi shifted his body to the side, facing Sukuna. They're both in the bed, cuddling for hours. Will he not feel guilty if he ask Sukuna? "...ask you something?"

Sukuna chuckled as he put on a small smile, "Sure. You can ask me anything."

Will Megumi not feel guilty if he really ask him? Will he not get mad or annoyed with himself? He doesn't unless he tries.

He took a deep breathe, "I've already heard about the fixed marriage between the Gojo and Ryoumen family from my Dad before and I was just wondering..." his voice became softer and softer making it a little inaudible, "You're tied with that contract and are you really planning on marrying Satomi? Will you... like... uhm..."

"Hmm?" Sukuna frowned. Why was Megumi looks so bothered? And he didn't know Megumi knows about that matter. Sukuna suddenly remembered that the Fushiguro family is also connected with his and Yuuji's family, especially the Gojo family who owns the G Company.

Sukuna wondered why he felt nervous. Why was he nervous waiting for Megumi to speak? Why was his heart thumping so fast? He just let it all shake off his mind by holding Megumi's hand. The other looks confused at what he did but Megumi didn't pull away.

Since Megumi couldn't get himself to ask Sukuna that, he just let the other to speak instead.

"Both Satomi and I doesn't like that idea. We're best friends and we obviously can't marry each other for some reason unless..." Sukuna halted as he suddenly doesn't want to continue what he wanted to say. The first thought he had, 'I don't want to hurt him'.

"Unless what?" Megumi asks. Sukuna stared at those innocent eyes of Megumi. He's hesitant. Should he tell him? Why was he even hesitating?

"Unless... it's really important that I need to leave everything behind and help my father. I mean... I couldn't just abandon him after all the things he did for us..." Sukuna sighed at the end as his face shows how troubled he was.

Megumi parted his lips, wanting to talk but why won't words come out? Why is he hesitating again? How did he become this anxious?

"I... —Your father worked so hard for you and your brothers, well, I guess, that's a given." Megumi chuckled, even though he's forcing himself to smile just to console Sukuna.

"What were you trying to ask again?"

Megumi gulped, averting his gaze. He took a shaky breathe. He's embarrassed. But what can he do? It's been troubling him for a while now.

"I... I'm just wondering what... what am I to you?"

Those words got stuck in Sukuna's mind. What is Megumi to him? He's been asking himself that for days, weeks and even months... if is he allowed to say... also for years? It all started when they were kids, the time Megumi entered his class to deliver a letter from Chizue.

He can still recall it. Megumi looked so cute, with his cheeks turning red when their eyes met. Sukuna wondered at that time, is he one of them too? His underclassmen who admires him, who also confesses to him. Ever since that day, he wanted to get close to the other.

He can also recall the time where Megumi accidentally pushed Chizue in the mud. It became a talk in their school until it reaches to him. Why was he not affected? He knows he likes Chizue but why is he even more worried about Megumi? Chizue was bullied, but why was he glad that Megumi talked to him?