8

Camilas pov

It's last lesson and I wanted to get home I wanted something to eat, I watch the clock as I fiddle with my pencil in between my fingers. Finally the bell rang. I get up packing up my things and leave the class room, as I was walking down the halls I see Lauren and smiles wide, she also smiles wide seeing me and walks over.

"Hey, do you want a ride home?" Lauren asked, I nod softly

"Okay, come on then" she said taking my hand, I smile at our hands then up at Lauren.

"How was your day?" Lauren asked as we get to her car, I nod getting in.

"It was okay" I say, Lauren nods with a smile

"Did you learn anything interesting?" Lauren asked, I giggle looking at her as she drove the car with her eyes on the road.

"Did you?" I ask, she glanced at me with a smile

"Okay, I'm just trying to make conversation" Lauren said, I nod

"I mean, I guess in math, the teacher taught me a easy was to work out a big math problem...though I've completely forgot it was cool for the 5 seconds I knew it" I say, Lauren chuckles and nods.

"Okay" she said, I look at her

"What about you?" I ask, she shook her head

"No, it was pretty boring" Lauren said, I nod softly.

"Here we are" Lauren said parking the car, I smile and she smiles back

"Thanks" I say, she nods and I was grabbing my bag Lauren leans over kissing my cheek, I smile wide until I saw my dad in the door way glaring at me, he had a beer in his hand and I knew right away he was drunk.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked, I gulp and look at her

"I-uh...I have to go" I mumble, she stops me

"What's wrong?" She asked, I look at my dad and Lauren followed my gaze

"Camz" Lauren said, I shook my head

"I'm just hungry, thanks for the ride, I'll see you tomorrow" I say and rush out of the car, I walk to my dad who steps aside so I could get into the house, he then slams the door.

"What's the slamming?" My mom slurred and stumbles into the hallway.

"I saw this bitch, kissing a girl!" Dad said, i shook my head

"It wasn't like that" I say, he glares at me

"Did I ask?" He said, I look at the floor apologising.

"So you're a dyke?! I raised you so much better than that!" Mom said, I keep looking at the floor.

You didn't raise me at all, i thought.

They yelled at me for a while, this is usual though if I breath too loud they scream at me, I was used to it.

"Are you even listening?!" Dad yells, I look up and go to say yes but he slapped me across the face. I gasp holding my cheek and feel the tears fill my eyes, he's never hit me before he just looks at me drinking his beer.

"Get to your room!" Mom yelled, I grab my bag walking to my room

I just brushed my teeth, washed my face and got into some pyjamas, I got into bed and just laid there staring at my ceiling until I fell asleep.