Moose

Reminder

"I got that, little lady

"I got that, little lady." Moose smiled, taking the large rock from my hands. I mumbled a small thanks handing him the heavy concrete. I walked over to Archie and jughead who stood in front of the wheelbarrow full of stones. Archie lifted it up after it was full and the three of us began walking towards the dump site, starting a conversation.

"Pretty handy with that wheelbarrow, Archie." Jughead began. "If the whole music thing doesn't pan out, you'll have manual labor as a fallback."

"Don't even joke. I did this all summer long, remember? My dad loved this kind of work, and I love him. But...." Archie smiled, pushing the wheelbarrow.

"No. I know." Jughead agreed. "Your dads path is not for you. Trust me, I get it."

"He works his ass off for me, bro. Never asked for anything, always has my back. Even when I mess up. So if having his back means I gotta haul some rocks, then bring it on." Archie explained.

"Agreed. Your dads got my back too. More than some people." Jughead mumbled. Archie put the wheelbarrow down.

"Exactly." Archie said, sighing in relief. I smiled at jughead patting his back knowing he was talking about his dad.

"Do you guys wanna go to pops after a long days work?" Jughead asked with a smile on his face. I looked towards Archie who was already looking at me.

"No thanks." I snapped with a attitude, walking away.

~~~~

After a long day of work all of us made our way into the trailer for some drinks and a break. The sun set about an hour ago and our muscles were sore from today.

"Hey guys." Mr. Andrews greeted as we entered. "You were real lifesavers today. Hard hats go in the bin, and there's sodas in the fridge."

"Crap. Hey, guys. I forgot my phone." Moose called after us.

"I'll go with you." I offered, knowing it was quite dark out. He nodded as we left making our way towards the generator. We say two guys grab something from the back of their truck and begin beating the generator with crowbars.

"Y/n." Moose began, putting his arm in front of me, stopping me. "Go inside and get everyone." He demanded, whispering. He moved his arm and continued walking towards the guys but I grabbed his forearm, stopping.

I "can't leave you moose. These guys look dangerous" I insisted. He shook my arm off of him and grabbed my hand.

"That's exactly why I need you to leave. Please." He sighed. He quickly ran closer to the men. Hey! They turned towards him and shared a look before running towards him. They brought their crowbars above their head and began beating moose.

"Shit." I mumbled causing them men to look up at me. I gulped before running towards the trailer, hearing the stomps of there fast moving feet following me. I made it to the trailer and looked back to see them right on my tail. I quickly ran up the stairs and into the trailer. Everyone looked at me with wide eyes I struggled to get my words out. The fear finally affecting me.

"Y/n?" Archie asked worriedly. he came over to me and gripped my shoulders, rubbing them in comfort. Suddenly there was a crack of electricity and the lights went out. Everyone gasped and I finally found my voice.

"Mo-m-moose!"

Sorry it short. Just a filler.