Care about him

Reminder

"You alright sweetheart?" Pop questioned as he set a glass of ice water in front of my shaky hands

"You alright sweetheart?" Pop questioned as he set a glass of ice water in front of my shaky hands. For a moment I sat, watching as a droplet of condensation on the glass slowly slid down the cold material before making contact with the table.

"Yes, pop. Thank you so much." I smiled up at the man. My voice was raw and raspy. After collapsing pop directed everyone out of the diner for the night, closing.

"Y/n.....what happened?" Veronica asked as I felt the cold water hydrate my cracked throat. Setting the cup down I felt Veronica grabbed both my hands, thumbs rubbing the backs of them. I sighed starring down at the table, felling more tears make there way into my red, puffy eyes.

"I-I don't know. It's just...everything that happens tonight sent me over the edge. Are you guys sure that it wasn't there in that closet?" I asked, needing to be sure. I wanted more than anything than for FP to be innocent but if we're gonna go to Jughead with this...we have to be sure. The bell above the door rang and Betty raced towards our table, sliding in the booth beside Veronica.

"Y/n are you okay. I came as soon as I got Veronicas call." She explained, sympathy and worry lacing her voice. Surprised that she was even here, I quickly stood from my seat and pulled her out of her's wrapping her in a bike crushing hug.

"Betty I'm sorry for freaking...I'm just so worried about Jughead and I can't stand the fact of him being angry with me for something I didn't do. And the fact that you guys went behind my back made me so angry." I cried, sobbing into her shoulder. Her soft palm was rubbing up and down my back in a comforting manner. Finally pulling away we smiled, sliding back into the booth.

"So, what's going on?" Betty asked, unaware of the new information Archie and v dropped on me.

"Someone planted the gun. Jason's murder weapon, in FPS trailer." Archie stated, Betty jaw to dropping at the words. "It wasn't there when I searched for it. He's being framed. You're the one who sent me to look in the closest, and I'm telling you it wasn't there Betty."

"Maybe you didn't see it." Betty suggested, her brain racking for any possible explanation.

"We're not talking about the voice closest here, B." Veronica corrected.

"Maybe you looked in the wrong one."

"It's a trailer with literally one closet." Veronica said. "There was no lockbox. No gun." Betty and I shared a look. I sighed, putting my head in my hands. "Whatever sheriff Keller is saying he found, it wasn't there."

"Look, we need to tell Jughead his dad's innocent." Archie insisted. "Where is Jughead?"

"I don't know. I tried calling." I mumbled, pulling out my phone. "I left him messages. He's not answering. And to be honest...I don't blame him."!

"Well...I'm the meantime should we go to sheriff Keller?" V suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

"Should we talk to sheriff Keller?" Betty repeated, worry lacing her face.

"Not until we tell our parents."!Archie demanded. Sighing once again, I downed the rest of my water.

"That you guys broke into FPS trailer?"!I hissed, putting my glass back down. Archie rolled his eyes.

"My dad will know what to do."!He claimed.

"Archie...I don't know." I hesitated.

"Trust me." Archie pleaded, putting his hand on my shoulder. Letting out a long sigh, I rubbed my temples.

~~~~

"You did what?" Fred screeched. Oh boy.

"We had to make sure FP wasn't involved in Jason's murder." Archie defended, trying his best to justify his actions. I sat on the couch beside Mrs. Andrews, playing with the hem of my dress.

"And now we know the truth." Mom smiled. "He was."

"Mom, no. They just told you."!I snapped. The thought of her throwing everything we just said aside and not taking in account of the fact that FP might be innocent. As long as FP stays out of our neighbourhood, she doesn't care where he is.

"The gun was planted." Archies repeated, voice more stern than before. I nodded along.

"By whoever killed Jason." Veronica backed up. Mom rolled her eyes, clearly not wanting any part of this conversation.

"Couldn't you have just missed it?" Hermione suggested, talking in account every possibility.

"Yeah excuse me if I trust the detection skills of an officer of the law over four amateur sleuths." Mom barked.

"Mom. You're the one ever asked us to break in." Betty reminded. The other adults snapped, eyes going wide and questioned slipping from their mouths.

"Actually, I approached Mrs. copper. I had to know is FP was involved. And if he was connected to my dad." Veronica explained, defending my mother honour even though there was nearly nothing left to help.

"A gun was found." Hermione raged standing from her spot. "FP is the killer case closed, we're leaving." Grabbing her daughter, she began to leave before Archie began to speak.

"There was no gun."

"Son." Fred warned, clearly wanting nothing more than for his son to drop the subject and accept the events of tonight. "This isn't petty theft or a bar fight we're talking about. This is murder."

"Okay, fine we'll go to sheriff without you." Archie threatened, starring his father down.

"Archie." Mary pipped up. "You entered FPS residence illegally. So whatever you did or did not find there would be inadmissible in a court of law."

"I don't care what happens to me." Archie snapped.

"I do care. FP may have ruined jugheads life. I'm not gonna let him ruin yours." Fred said, dragging jugheads name through the mud.

"Mr. Andrews. All do respect don't talk about Jughead like that." I barked, breaking my silence and standing from my seat. "Jugheads life is not ruined because he has people in his life who care about him. Like us...all of us. And I'll be damned if we don't show him that we care about him."

"Y/n. I know you care about him but you can't save everybody." My mother said, her voice calm. I shrugged her hand off my shoulder and sighed.

"You say your adults but you don't act like it. Jughead is gone, and you clearly don't give a Damn. So while you people sit around here arguing, I'm going to look for my best friend." Ignoring the pleads and demanding calls for me to stop, I stormed out of the door, running down the street in search for Jughead. If anyone was gonna find him it gonna be me.