jubilee

What you wearing

Shoes

Applause erupted in town hall as Archie and the pussycats stepped off the stage, Bowing, taking in the praise with open arms

Applause erupted in town hall as Archie and the pussycats stepped off the stage, Bowing, taking in the praise with open arms. Betty smiled at us before standing from her seat. Taking my chance I quickly grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"Betty, can I?" I asked, pleading eyes as I looked up at my sister. Her expression became confused. I sighed, handing her a price of paper.

"I wrote a speech. I know I said that jubilees weren't my thing, they're still not, but I really wanna do this. I know you prepared a wonderful speech, but please?"

"Y/n..........give it your best shot." She smiled, sitting back into her seat and handing me the paper back. Smiling I quickly stood from my seat and made my way towards the stage ignoring the irritated looks from sheriff Keller and mayor McCoy.

"Hi. I know most of you were expecting my twin sister to stand up here and deliver a well written, heartwarming speech but things have changed." I began, getting straight to the point as I stood in front of the podium, speaking into the microphone.

"I-I've prepared a speech and I hope you like it. I'm not the most literate person but...when it's something I care about, I have my moments. Mayor McCoy didn't want me here tonight, speaking in front of you. But I'm going to anyway. 75 years of riverdale. Wow."

Taking in a deep breath my nerves became to take over as I watched people's faces turn to discomfort as I continued on. Closing my eyes and looking down, I sighed. Opening the once again I looked up seeing Jughead walk through the door, coat hanging off his shoulder. He wore a ash grey crew neck, his Bennie on his head where it belonged. Sighing Once again I returned to my speech.

"75 years and one question still comes to mind. What is riverdale? It's the people who surround you as you get a cup of coffee from pops in the morning. It's the people who have been delivering your newspapers every morning for the past 20 years. It's the people who teach our future generations. Riverdales me, you, our friends. Riverdale is....Archie Andrews."