Ch 6: Jewelry

A/N: Just so you know this chapter is super short.

~~

Calla POV:

        That...is a lot of jewelry. Not only had the magical British jeweler brought bellybutton rings and sketches of bellybutton rings but a whole lotta other crap; collars, bracelets, anklets, earrings, rings, arm bands, thigh bands, body chains encrusted with all sorts of glimmery things, toe rings, hair ornaments and beyond. I think I even saw a sketch of lingerie made entirely out of precious gems.

        I felt a gentile nudge from behind and slowly stepped through the doorway, A very professional and regal looking Kaden behind me, "Ah George, you have outdone yourself."

        The jeweler -George- Gave a little bow, "it is not everyday I get a request for such jewelry and from you none the less. I thought perhaps you would like to take a look at some other jewelry to spoil your new pet with." He flashed me a charming smile.

        Kaden nodded, "I might just have to do that, your work is exceptional. Calla, pet, feel free to look around George has laid out some sketches as well. Tell me what you like."

        I blinked this guy has known me for like 5 days and hes setting me free on a room full of jewelry, telling me to pick whatever I want? "Uh...Lord Dawson I-"

        He waved his hand at me, "No need to worry pet, I purchased you for things such as this."

        I pursed my lips and grit my teeth at the word purchased and set my mind to pick out whatever I even sort of liked. See how he liked me then.

        I started with the already made things, pointing out a body chain of pearls connected by the biggest diamond I have ever seen, A glittering lock and key bellybutton ring, a heart one, a dangly chain one that attached to a diamond and lace band that would go around my thigh, one that turned into a waist chain, another one that would turn into a pearl waist chain, a dangly pearl one, one with a tiny silver bell on it, a few glittering bracelets and anklets, several rings and earrings, hell I even picked out like half the sketches in my 'I'm going to drain your wallet' rebellion.

        What I did not pick out was collars or any the weird jewel lingerie, Kaden would like that and I decided the day I got here that I'm anti anything Kaden likes. But that victory was short lived because he took the liberty of picking those things out for me. 

        Damn him.

        What was shocking was that through all of my 'I like this and this and this and this' he didn't even blink and by the end of it when he was read the insane price I'm way to afraid to repeat -lets just say this crap cost more than I did- all he did was nod and write a check as if it was nothing.

        It pissed me off.

        Seriously? that much money for some stupid Jewelry. I took to glaring at him as we exited the room.

        He looked over his shoulder at me as we walked through the halls, "Is there a problem little flower?"

        I huffed and looked away.

        "Did we miss something you liked?"

        I didn't respond.

        "Ah perhaps some new clothes to match your new Jewelry would help?"

        "If by clothes you mean lingerie then no."

        He offered up a ghost of a smirk, "Perhaps that is what I mean. You should consider yourself lucky, most take to giving their pets nothing but tiny strips of fabric or nothing at all...A practice I have always found barbaric, it makes them less beautiful and more how would you say? Ah yes more demurred toward their masters."

        I nearly sneered at him, the damn bloodsucking leach. His tone leaked subtle warning which only served to irritate me more, "Oh really?"

        "Yes. really, and as enticing as you may look naked my little flower I think I would prefer to keep some class and your dignity."

        Okay well when he put it like he was protecting my dignity how the fuck was I supposed to throw an insult at him?

        "Have you been adjusting well pet?"

        I glared at the back of his head, "no."

        "oh is that so?"

        "yes?"

        "anything you need?"

        I crossed my arms over my chest and narrowed my gaze, "an escape."

        He stopped and turned suddenly nearly making me collide with his chest, "If I recall correctly you already tried that on your third day here and found your bedroom doors locked from the outside along with your windows." He tucked his fingers under my chin, dual shaded eyes darkening with menace, "Just because I am asleep during the day does not mean I lose an ounce of my control over you, understood?"

        I sneered at him, the urge to spit in his face strong.

        "I treat you well do I not?"

        I had to bite my tongue from my sarcasm, it was true he did not treat me badly but I didn't think being a pet was a good thing no matter how many tasty sandwiches and jewels he gave me.

        He took that as a yes I guess, "you are not hungry, you are warm, given a bed with some of the finest materials, and a private bathroom filled with soaps, scrubs, and makeups any high end beauty salon would be envious of. You even have your own private maid and twenty-four seven access to the kitchen staff. Not to mention free reign in my home, and I have yet to drink from you. What could you possible be upset about.

        I glared at him, "i was free and now I am nothing more than an object in a pretentious world of leaches who see me as food."

        He seemed to consider this, "I see..."

        Does he now?

        "But I am afraid you must make do with the cards you have been delt in life."

        I nearly screamed.

        Slowly he brushed his cold knuckles down my cheek, murmuring, "such an interesting expression."

        What the hell was up with this guy and 'interesting' things? I pulled away from his touch, "Whatever."

        His hand dropped and he looked away, "I have work to do, but you will be starting dance lessons along with a complete crash course on table manners tomorrow. That should keep you busy."

        I balked at him, "..what? why?"

        He waved his hand around dismissively, "i have this obligatory ball at the end of the month as my pet you will be attending, you need to know these things."

        He was gone before I could question him further.

        What the hell is an obligatory ball? who on the planet would be obligated to throw a ball?

        Who the hell is Kaden? The jeweler seemed elated to even be in his presence and everyone seemed to both fear and admire him, not to mention the seemingly never ending money pit he apparently lived in.

        I think it was time I did some sleuthing and found out who I was dealing with.

        One must know thy enemy before they can destroy them and proceed to bathe in their blood.

        And I knew nothing about Kaden while he seemed to know way too much about me putting him one step closer to having a taste of my O negative while I'm still sitting in the dark.

        Not good.

        I ran a hand through my hair and messed with the tie on the side of my grey miniskirt sighing heavily, how the hell am I supposed to find out anything about him? there is no way the house staff will tell me anything...

        I groaned as realization dawned on me, I would have to suck it up and go directly to the man himself hoping for the best.

        I was so screwed.