Chapter 12

Emmie sat buckled into her highchair. The soft straps over her shoulders and another one in between her legs.

The plastic tray was also securely locked into place...

She couldn't move. No freedom of her legs.

She was trapped.

Her mom was in the kitchen warming up some oatmeal and rice cereal.

She figured Emmie's digestive system would only handle it.

She came back over to the table with the bowl of food and set it on the tray in front of her daughter.

As she tied a bib around her neck she said.

" Who's mommy's hungry baby? "

She sat down facing Emmie and poked her stomach saying

" Who's mommy's hungry baby? "
" You are You are"

Emmie giggled as her mom poked her stomach.

Emmie was hungry. She didn't care what she ate as long as she was being fed.

Her mom picked up a small spoon and dipped it in the white mushy mixture and said.

" Here comes the horsey sweetie " making naying sounds as she moved the spoon towards Emmie's mouth.

Emmie opened her mouth without objection knowing she had little choice.

She swallowed the slightly sweet but bland mixture.

It actually tasted a little good she thought but her teenage brain was spinning saying

" You shouldn't be eating this. You're not a baby"

Emmie ignored it however and continued to let her mom feed her every so often dipping her fingers in the bowl and getting messy.

Her mom smiled at her.

" You're so silly sweetie " she said.

Once she was done feeding Emmie she cleaned her up with a washcloth making sure to clean her hands and face.

She then cleaned the dishes up and released Emmie from her highchair and carried her into the living room and placed her in the playpen.

" Now you play nice with your toys sweetie. Mommy will be in the next room making you your bottle "

She turned on the tv to My Little Pony and went into the other room.

Emmie looked around her playpen. It might as well have been a prison to her teenage mind.

" I gotta get outta her." She thought to herself.

She stood up slowly and started to walk but her legs were wobbly and she felt back on her bottom.

The soft padding of her diaper cushioned her fall.

" Ughhh " her teenage brain though but giggles came out of her mouth

She wanted to be able to walk the right away....

But realized she would be crawling for a while.

She gave up her attempt to escape the playpen and grabbed a small toy and began playing with it as she tried to focus on the television.

" Oh well," her teenage brain thought...

It could be worse.

....

Meanwhile in the other room...

Her mom was reading up on the instructions for her new breast pump.

She had bought it shortly after Emmie's change at school.

She had never gotten to breastfeed Emmie the first time when she was a baby...

Emmie wouldn't latch on.

Hopefully it would be different this time she thought

She attached the pump to her breast and started to pump..

It took a while but the smooth creamy milk was finally flowing into the bottle.

She pumped 4 bottles and cleaned and sanitized the pump.

She then placed the bottles in the refrigerator carrying one of them into the living room where her daughter was.

Emmie saw her mom out of the corner of her eye and said

" Mama Baba"

Her mom smiled saying...

" Awww you got it sweetie "

She picked Emmie up out of the playpen and sat with her on the couch in a craddled position on her lap.

She then said..

" Open Wide my princess "

Emmie was so thirsty... she opened her mouth and her mom put the nipple of the bottle in her mouth.

Emmie sucked rhythmically.... tasting the sweet creamy liquid.

Her mom smiled as she fed her daughter..

" I know my little princess loves her bottle "

Emmie just huffed  " Mpph mpph mama "

Her mom took that as a yes.

Emmie refocused her gaze on the TV as she drank the bottle..

Slowly she started to get warm inside and slowly fell asleep.

...

Her mom smiled thinking to her self...

" Awww my little princess loved her bottle. Hopefully you'll enjoy the milk more in a different way soon."

She rocked Emmie gently in her arms as the My Little Pony theme song started again.....

To be continued....