chapter 5: Grandparents!

(someone answers the door).

Lyle:
Can i help you?

Emeris:
Yes i belive you can? You see my mother was taking by russians and there was an address on the back of a map and she told me to follow the directions and it lead me here?! Do you happen to know her?

Kortena:
Who is dear?

Lyle:
Some woman at the door with our address on it.

Kortena:
Hm?

(Kortena walks to the front door where her husband and emeris is)

Lyle:
What was her name?

Emeris:
Lucia Hernandez!

Kortena:
What?

Emeris:
So you do know her!

Lyle:
Yes shes our daughter.

Emeris:
What? That means your my Grandparents! What the fuck?

Lyle:
What? But she doesnt have a daughter.

Kortena:
Who is your father darling?

Emeris:
I- I dont know she wouldnt tell me.

Kortena whispers to lyle:
You dont think-

Lyle:
Think that her father is her lucia's ex husbands?

Kortena:
I mean-

Lyle:
Theres a possibility.

Emeris:
Im still here.

Kortena:
Sorry, would you like to come in?

Emeris:
I guess so.

(Emeris makes herself comfortable)

Lyle:
Would you like some hot tea?

Emeris:
Uh no thank you, i cant stay for long.

Kortena:
Oh.

Emeris:
Can i ask something?

Lyle:
I guess.

Emeris:
Did yous know she had me?

Kortena:
No, she kept in contact with us but everytime we asked if we could visit she said she was busy dealing with companies.

Emeris:
I guess that explains it. Do you know why the russians have taken her?

Lyle:
There can only be one reason.

(Kortena leans her arm over lyle's shoulder)

Lyle:
(Sigh). Your father.

Emeris:
What! You know who my father is?

Kortena:
Yes we do. But its more complicated than that.

Emeris:
HOW I SAY ANGERY?

lyle:
The russians took her because of your father, she was his weakness.

Emeris:
What? What do you mean?

Lyle:
Your father is a the Capo of the italian mafia.

Emeris:
WHAT?

Kortena:
Calm down emeris. Theres more.

Emeris:
Oh theres more.

Lyle:
You also have three brothers, one who is a year older than you but they live in italy.

Emeris:
Wait so thats why theres a circle on the map.

Lyle:
Your parents story is very sad it must be why your mother had found it so hard to talk about it. You see many years ago your mother met your father while he was her in spain on a business trip. They got very close withthin a period of time. Eventually he was called back to italy because of something urgent, this was the next morning after there night she didnt know she was pregnant with his son. The eldest his names Rocco hes 24.

Emeris:
What i- i dont know what to s-

Kortena:
We need to tell you everything. Please sit down. I hope your ready.

Lyle:
Lucia had no way of contacting him after she found out, but fate bought him back to spain because he needed to marry someone in order to be the next Capo so he told his parents he had someone in mind.

Emeris:
Mom!

Lyle:
Yes. She agreed and came to us with the news telling us everything. She introduced him to us but she had to leave with him because-

Emeris:
She wasnt able to stay here not with his son being miles away from him.

Lyle:
Yes so she moved in with him. Everything was going fine, they got married and he showed her the way that mafia's work. 2 years later she was pregant again with their second child Alessandro hes 22, then years later their third child Mateo hes 17 and goes to school in italy.

Emeris:
This is to much to handle! Im fucking freaking out. What! Anything else i should know about?

Kortena:
You my sweet child is their fourth child.

Emeris:
But that doesnt explain what happened and why mom wont talk about him?

Lyle:
Well-

Kortena:
lyle let me tell her. Well a year later before you were born their marrage was ruined by another woman whom he got pregnant.

Emeris:
The hell?

Kortena:
So she divorced him and rocco,Alessandro and mateo wanted to stay behind and well for your father he wasnt happy but if it meant she would be happy then he let her go. A year later she had you and she managed to keep that a seceret for 16 years.

Emeris:
I feel like im going to fai-

(Emeris faints due to her not eating)

Emeris:
.....

Lyle:
Emeris?

Kortena:
Relax lyle she just fainted pick her up and take her to the spare bedroom i will make her something and in the mean time keep an eye on her to make sure shes ok.

(Sometime after 1 in the afternoon)

(Emeris leaves the spare bedroom walking straight to the lounge)

Kortena:
I made you a little something to get you back on your toes.

Emeris:
Thank you.

(Emeris sits at the table).

Emeris:
Well this has been nice but i must leave now.

(Emeris grabs the car keys and the map)

Emeris:
Thanks again.

Lyle:
Of course be careful.

Emeris:
Will do.