Chapter 1: First Day Troubles

MANGA SPOILERS!!!

Allen's POV:

          I sigh heavily. My guardian, Cross, says that I have to go to school. Since he doesn't have custody over me, my step-dad, Mana, does, Cross had to convince him to let me go. After a whole 2 months of trying, Cross was successful in doing so. 

          I look at myself in the mirror and sigh. At least the school uniform looks rad. Red on black. I like it a lot. It compliments my deformed arm and the scar on my left eye. I groan as I realize I'm going to be near people. Everyone, except for Cross and Mana, treat me like utter trash. Just scum on the bottom of their shoes.

          There is a light knock on my door. "Allen, are you ready for your first day?" I hear Mana ask softly through the other side. "Yeah! Just let me put my gloves on!" I shout. Mana only uses his soft voice when he knows I'm upset. I appreciate it. It shows that he cares, unlike that red-haired prick that goes by the name of Cross. I don't get why he's so mean. He's a teacher and a priest. priests are supposed to be nice, right?

          Something small hits the back of my head. "Hey!" I shout. I look behind me and see my pet golem, Timcanpy, floating about. Don't ask me why a golem exists, it just does. Breaking the 4th wall here, people! 

          I go over to my dresser and pick up my white, arm-length, gloves. Gotta have long gloves because I have PE class. I pull my gloves over my arms and go over to my door. I open it and the fresh smell of pancakes hits my nose. As if this were some kind of Disney movie, I, metaphorically, float over to the delightful aroma filling my nose.

          Mana chuckles when he sees me. I'm honestly glad to have Mana as a step-father. He makes the best meals, he's loving, and he is just comforting to be around.

          "I see someone's enjoying themselves," Mana says. I nod and sit down at the dining table. I scarf down the delicious food Mana has prepared for me. I have a huge appetite. I'm a bottomless pit as some would say. I will eat anything edible. 25 meals = 1 meal for me. For how much I eat, I'm surprisingly really scrawny.

          After I'm done consuming my food, I groan as I remember that I have school today. Mana chuckles. "C'mon, don't be like that! You might make some new friends. Cross will even be your English and Homeroom teacher." Mana reassures. I go wide-eyed and slam my hands on the table. "Not that asshole!" I yell. Mana just gives me a soft smile.

          "Calm down, sweetheart. I promise you, if you have a bad day, I'll treat you to some mitarashi dango." Mana says. All bad thoughts instantly leave me. Mitarashi dango is my favorite food. I absolutely adore the sweet dessert.

         Mana looks like he realized something. "Oh yeah! I forgot! As a good luck token, I'll give you my lucky hair tie." He says with a big smile.

          Mana unties his ponytail and gives me the red rubber band. It's weird seeing him with his hair down. He usually never takes it down. I tie my hair in a low ponytail. After all, my hair reaches down to my shoulders. It gets kinda annoying when it brushes against my neck at times.

          Mana rests his hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eye with a proud smile. "Now, let's go to school," Mana says. I sigh. "Alright," I groan. Mana releases me and we walk to the car. Now that I think about it, we're kind of the same height. Mana is a bit taller than me, but by a couple of inches though. But I'm still mad about it.

          We get in the car and Mana starts driving. He turns on the radio and I quietly hum to the sweet melody of the song. The car ride to school was pretty peaceful. Just Mana and I humming the vocals and instruments to the songs that come on the radio. That peace is interrupted by a certain school in the distance. For some reason, my saliva feels thicker and I feel warmer. Is this anxiety?