Chapter 17: The FUNeral

Bro, SUS?

Allen's POV:

          Earlier, my friends told me that they were going on a trip and invited me. I agreed. I got more info about my "secret" trip with friends. They told me to wear black and to bring a bag with a flashlight, a horror book, water, a lighter, and batteries. I'll bring my claws just in case. I don't have many black things, so I'll wear my old school uniform, black combat boots, and a black cloak. Perfect. 

          I prepare my bag, get changed, and do my hair. "You look like you're sneaking into a bank to rob it," Nea says. "And you look homeless." I retort. "Hey!" Nea says. Mana giggles. I hear a car horn honk. "Time to go. I'll bully you later, Nea~" I tease and leave. I rush out of the house so the twins don't ambush me. I spot the car and get in. "Allen, looking as nice as ever," Alma complements. I smile and return the sentiment. 

          "Where are we going?" I ask. "You didn't tell him!?" Lavi shouts at Kanda. Kanda scoffs. "We're breaking into an abandoned graveyard!" Lavi informs. I sigh. These fucking idiots. "I never thought I'd break into a graveyard with a bunch of idiots," I say. "Hey! We're not idiots!" Lavi and Alma shout in unison. Lenalee and I chuckle. I need to be around them right now. I'm a little bit stressed right now. 

          The whole car ride was full of shitty jokes and Kanda threatening us that he'll crash the car. We arrive and it looks spooky. We step out of the car and we ready our flashlights. "Ready to fight some zombies?" Lavi asks. "Yeah!" Alma and I shout. Kanda scoffs. I grab Kanda's sleeve. He looks down at me. This is my time to make a move. 

          I look up at Kanda with innocent eyes. "If a scary ghost appears, will you protect me?" I ask softly. Kanda quickly looks away. I swear there's a blush on his cheeks but it's too dark to distinguish. Kanda doesn't say anything, so I'm taking that as a win. Lenalee and Lavi give me a thumbs up. I cuddle his arm.

          "Let go, Bean. You're going to slow us down." Kanda says. I blush at being called Bean. "It's Allen..." I mumble. Kanda scoffs. I don't let go of his arm. Kanda grumbles something and starts walking. I walk with him. So, apparently, we split into two groups. Kanda failed to tell me that as well. At least I'm with Kanda, alone. Another perfect opportunity has appeared! 

          We enter a forest area. I let go of Kanda's arm and just hold his hand. Surprisingly, he holds it back. I smile and blush. "Hey, Kanda, you know, I'm scared of the dark," I whisper. "Huh, couldn't hear you," Kanda says. I get flustered. I'm scared of the dark." I confess. Kanda laughs and I deeply blush.

          I start laughing too. We fall to the ground and laugh for what seems like forever. This is nice. I like this. After our laughing fit stops, We get back up and continue our walk. Oh fuck, I missed an opportunity! I internally sigh.

          We roam the woods for a while hand-in-hand.  We start walking back to the graveyard until we hear footsteps behind us. We turn and see nothing, but we know something is there. "Could be a deer," Kanda says. "Or a zombie." I joke. Kanda rolls his eyes. I feel something touch my shoulder. It must be Kanda comforting me. I am scared right now. I turn and see a black hand on my shoulder. I scream and grab Kanda's wrist. I run while dragging him with me. "M-Moyashi, calm down!" Kanda shouts.

          I continue to run until my legs give out. I pant heavily. Kanda picks me up. "Stupid bean. It was probably just Lavi." Kanda says. I snuggle close to his chest and sniffle. "What if it really was a ghost?" I whine. "You believe in that crap?" Kanda asks. I try to stop the oncoming sob but fail. Kanda holds me tightly. "You scared?" Kanda asks. "Y-Yes," I reply. Kanda chuckles. "Don't worry, I'll protect you." He says. My heart aches, in a good way. 

          Kanda drops me down. We walk back to the graveyard. It probably was just Lavi playing a prank. A very smart one at that. It was probably to get us to kiss or something, but we just bonded. Still good though.

-----

          "Guys, check this out!" Lavi shouts. We all go over to where Lavi is and see an empty grave. This makes me feel uneasy. "I think this will be Kanda's new home." Lavi jokes. Kanda scoffs. It was Lavi who played the whole "spirit in the woods" prank. That stupid rabbit got it all on camera. He said he'd post it on Instagram tomorrow.

          I step closer to the empty grave. "Creepy, right?" Alma questions. I nod. I look down and notice an open coffin. I shiver. Someone must have robbed a grave here. I feel hands on my back and suddenly I'm falling into the grave. I hear Lavi snicker. I land inside of the coffin with a loud 'oof'. "Lavi, you asshole!" I shout. "R.I.P. Allen Walker. He died too young!" Lavi fake sobs. I roll my eyes and laugh. I close my eyes and cross my arms. I hear Lavi snap a photo.

          Lavi clears his throat. "Today, we've come to remember our young friend, Allen Walker. He was such a nice kid. Such a tragedy that he had to go!" Lavi preaches. "Allen was a kind soul. He would always help those in need. Rest in peace, Allen." Lenalee fake sobs. I get this bright idea. "Before we continue this funeral, I'd like to thank our sponsor RAID: Shadow Legends," I say. Everyone but Kanda laughs. 

          I can hear Lavi take another picture of me. I wonder if it's a selfie this time. "You honestly look so peaceful in there," Lenalee says. "That's a shocker," I say. "He's like an angel. Wait! Allen the angel!" Alma says. We laugh. 

          I climb out of the grave. "Are the pictures good?" I ask. Lavi shows me them and one is of me just looking dead and the other is Lavi flexing on my grave. I chuckle. "Guys, let's tell scary stories! Allen brought a book. Right, Al?" Lavi asks. I drop my backpack and open it. I take out my "Scary Stories" book. "This one has many scary stories," I reply. 

          Lavi gathers some sticks and rocks. He builds a little campfire and takes out some marshmallows. I hand Lavi my lighter and he lights the campfire. "Scare us, Al!" Alma demands. I chuckle and sit down with them. "Okay, story number one," I say.

-----

          I read the whole book of scary stories. Lavi and Alma got scared. Lenalee was their comfort pillow. Kanda just enjoyed me reading it. Weird. I have to say that this was very fun. We even had s'more breaks and they told stories of their own. I was having the time of my life. You know, maybe going to school and interacting with people wasn't so bad after all.

          We clean up our stuff. "Hey guys, let's explore at chat for a while," Lenalee says. We agree and do just that. We roam the graveyard and find many creatures. Like lizards, snakes, bugs, and even a skunk. We make jokes about that being Lavi's favorite cologne. I'd have to say, this is super fun.

-----

          We get in the car and buckle ourselves in. I ride shotgun this time! I look out at the pretty blue sky. We stayed there until six in the morning. Six! The car ride is quiet for a bit. 

          We drop Lavi and Lenalee off at their houses because they were closer. Kanda, Alma, and I sit in silence. The ride to my house was pretty peaceful. So peaceful that I didn't wake up at home at all. I woke up in a completely different house. 

          I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "So, you're awake?" I hear a deep voice say. I look in the direction of the voice and see Kanda? "You fell asleep during the ride, so we just took you to our place," Kanda informs. I nod. "This is my room by the way." he adds. So this is Kanda's room.

          I look around and it's pretty dark. It's a really neatly organized and clean room. It's also very romantic looking. I lay back down and snuggle with his blanket. I won't get to do this often, so I'll milk this rare opportunity.

          I inhale and it smells just like him. The bed is also super comfy; just like his hugs. I don't think I can leave after this. I'm too damn comfortable. I hear Kanda scoff and flip a page from the book he's reading. This is nice