08: Core Memory #4

Core Memory - A Party To Remember

I fluff my hair up in the mirror while standing beside Nate and Eric. We're all waiting downstairs in Raven's living room, waiting for the girls to finish getting ready for the party.

This is my first ever party I've ever gone to before. My friends are avid partiers but I've never felt the need to go with them. It's just not my scene. But Ally is going and if Ally goes, I go.

These past few months of dating have been the best months of my life. She pushes me out of my comfort zone and shows me a good time. Anywhere I go with Ally, I know I'll have a good time.

We hear footsteps walking down the stairs and Ally comes down first with a huge smile, she's wearing a breathtaking maroon coloured tight fitting dress that ends just above her knee. The fabric clings to her body in all the right places and her hair is slightly waved and her makeup is light and airy. My mouth hangs open as she makes her way over to me.

"Do I look okay?" She asks in a hesitant whisper, her brows furrowed in concern of my reaction. I slap myself out of it and extend my hands to take hers.

"Sweetheart, you look gorgeous. Absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. I'm just in awe baby, wow" I breathe out and she breaks out into a shy giggle. I pull her towards me and kiss her like my life depends on it. How did I ever get so lucky?

We pull away in time to see Raven making her way down the stairs. My gaze follows hers and she's looking right at Nate. Nate had a similar reaction to me and he gives her a faint smile and pulls her into his embrace, whispering something into her ear to make her blush.

"Is it hot in here? Because you three are burning babes! Wow, I mean Ally look at that dress! And Raven, I'm loving the hair! And Julia, your eyes are glowing tonight" Eric flirts with the girls and I fight the urge to slap him.

"Alright let's go before Alex decides to kill me for hitting on Ally" Eric rushes as he takes Julia's hand and uses her as a human shield as he passes me out the door.

When we make it to the party, the music thumps loudly, shuddering through our bodies. I instinctively pull Ally closer to me, fearing if I let go for even a second I'll lose her in the sea of sweaty drunk teenagers.

Ally looks up at me and beams an encouraging smile while squeezing my hand slightly. I wrap my arm around her waist as our friend group navigates the house and ends up in the kitchen.

"Alright everybody! Who's ready to get the party started?" Julia cheers as she hands out red solo cups filled with a clear liquid to everyone. I shake my head slightly, declining her offer.

"What? Alex, you have to drink! You never party and this may very well be your first and last party. Why don't we make it a good one?" Eric groans in protest and I look to Ally uneasily. I do not want to be a drunk mess tonight. I've never drank before so I already no my tolerance will be on the floor.

"It's okay Alex, I'll be sober the whole night and I won't ever leave your side" Ally suggests and I still look down at her uneasily. What if something happens and I need to be there for Ally, I can't do that while I'm intoxicated.

"It will be fine. I promise you" Ally states with finality as she kisses me gently while subtly shoving a drink into my hands. I eye it wearily and slowly bring the contents of the drink to my lips and take it all in one go.

"Yeah buddy! Alex did not come to play" Nate cheers as he polishes off his drink and takes Raven's hand and leads her off to the dance floor. Julia hops onto Eric's back and they charge out of the kitchen and I find myself looking down at an eager Ally.