Chapter 7

"You can sit right there." I pointed at the bed, he sat down and I went to the drawer of my vanity. I looked for the ointment inside and gazed up at the mirror, I didn't see Perseus at all. I looked behind me and there I saw him standing by the window, it was a full moon and the sky looked beautiful.

I finally found the ointment I was looking for and went towards Perseus, "Give me your hand." I spoke softly. He extend his arm out and showed his palm. I began to apply the cream in a circular motion.

"You're a strange girl, (y/n)." Perseus said quietly, I looked into his eyes and laughed "I dont know if thats a compliment or an insult, Perseus." I replied back.

His palm began to look more normal again, and I finally felt relief rush through me. In a spur of the moment, his hand grasped onto my wrist. I looked up at him once more with confusion written all over me.

He squeezed tightly as I put my hand to his, trying to push his hand away to escape his tight grasp. He leaned close to me, I saw his dark brown eyes suddenly gleam though it was probably just the reflection of the moon.

"Perseus?" I said his name, the only thing I could roll out of my mouth. I froze in place as I felt his lips touch mine, his other hand caressing my cheek. His lips felt cold, but I couldn't speak.

I fist my hand and lowered my brows. He felt like a magnet, pulling me closer to him. His eyes were filled with lust and want, like a hungry lion. I pulled away and looked at him with a frown, I breathe in and then out. I opened my mouth but no words came out.

I clenched my fists tighter as I finally turned to my heels and got the courage to leave my room. I crossed my arms close to my chest and went down the stairs, trying my best to cloud out those hideous thoughts. "Hey, (y/n)!" I heard Adrien's voice, I looked up and waved a hand.

"We're going to leave now, it was really nice spending time with you." Adrien smiled and gave me a hug, "Drive safe!" I chuckled.

Adrien looked behind me and waved, "Bye, Perseus!" Adrien said as he left. I didn't dare look around and instead went to the bathroom, hearing Perseus calling out for me.

I hastened my phase and pushed the door close behind me, I stood there for a few seconds and finally let out a sigh of relief. My thoughts ran rapidly like the white rabbit from Alice In wonderland, I didn't know if it even felt right.

"You have to let go of it, (y/n)." I sighed to myself, feeling annoyed from even remembering his face.

"I can't last longer with you anymore, (y/n)." Eric said as if those words never stung him even just a bit, "W..what?" I was in disbelief and couldn't even spit those words out. Eric looked at me with his cold gaze, "Are you that stupid? We're breaking up!" Eric screamed.

I felt tears stinging my eyes but I did not dare let it fall. "Eric, we've been together for 2 years! what's this sudden outburst? I know we fought a lot but-" I felt a sharp pain across my cheek as my head turned to the side, I froze there as a tear fell down. My body had betrayed me.

"Pack your stuff and go, (y/n). I don't wanna hear your explanation anymore." he said, laying back down on the bed and going through his phone as if hitting me wasn't even such a big deal.

I took my bag and just before I could leave, I took a glance on his phone, though I wish I never had as I saw my own friend's name. I'll never love again was the promise I made to myself that I still standby until today.

In just a snap, I was freed from my own horrible thoughts when I heard a knock on the door, "(Y/n), are you in there?" I heard the muffled sound of my mom's voice.

I didn't notice that I was even crying when I stood up from the floor and saw my face in the mirror. I quickly brushed it away and opened the door, seeing my mother's face. "Perseus and Norah are going home now, you should say goodbye to them." mom said and I nod in reply.

I went out of the bathroom and made my way to Norah and Perseus, Alex was talking to Norah as they both held each other's hand. When I looked at Perseus, I felt myself already heating up just by his stare.

I shook my head and instead smoothened the wrinkles of my dress. "(Y/n)!" Norah clung onto me as I almost fell backwards, I hugged her back and gave her a smile.

"I really had such a fun night today, (y/n). Oh, and here! I forgot to give it to you!" she said and gave me a colorful paper bag. I took a peek inside and saw that it was a book. "Thanks so much, Norah. You're the best!" I exclaimed and gave her another hug.

"It was nice meeting your family, (y/n) and I'm happy that you're still wearing the ring I gave you." Perseus gave me a closed-eyed smile as Norah took my hand and gasped.

"Is this real gold, Perseus?" Norah asked, "Of course." Perseus replied. "I...thank you again Perseus, it's a wonderful gift."

After a few small talk, both Norah and Perseus finally headed out. I began to walk back to my room, tired from such an eventful day when mom called my name.

I turned around as Alex, mom and dad sat on beside the Christmas tree "Aren't you going to open your Christmas presents?" dad asked as I only shook my head no. "I'll pass for the night, dad. I just really wanna sleep.." I yawned and went up to my bedroom.

I changed into my pajamas and crashed onto the bed. The room felt so peaceful and I could finally hear nothing but silence. I closed my eyes, slowly drifting away as I fell into a deep slumber.