Chapter 35

We all turned to the voice across from us. "No one's getting married today! Not on my watch!" he said, meeting the emerald eye boy, a gasp came out of my mouth as I stepped forward.

The familiar face fell on me, "Castriel..." the name rolled out of my tongue with familiarity. Perseus pushed me back, snaking his hand around my waist with a tight grip.

"What are you humans doing here? We didn't invite you as our guests!" the red haired lady says while her heels click on each step down the staircase. "Seize them! All at once!" Perseus yelled in demand, "They will be our feast later tonight!" the red haired lady waved two of her hands as she cackled out a villainous laugh.

She turned to me with her red, crimson eyes with a slight pity. "I hope you don't mind if we...eat your friends tonight?" a smirk grew on her face, "No! You can't do that!" I yelled and struggled beneath Perseus's grasps. "Look, (y/n)! This will be your first sighting of a massacre! Watch my darling! Watch and learn!" Perseus said in fascination, presenting the war that was about to go off in any second.

Humans and vampires, a bloodbath. The words no longer felt wright, to protest was useless. I felt useless. Castriel waved his index finger forward and with that swift motion, we heard running footsteps from behind us. Perseus's eyes darted beyond us as people surrounded the back with bows and lit, silver arrows. "Fire!" Castriel yelled, they struck the arrows all at once.

I heard screams of a few agonies and the others clawing in attack, but some soon faltered from the silver, lit arrows. One almost plunged Perseus but his movements was too quick to be struck by. He lifted me up and leaped off of the concrete floor, I swallowed down and gripped on his neck tightly as we got higher off the ground. "Don't even try pushing me away, (y/n). You'll only bash your kneecaps." he glared in indignation and dropped down in front of a door.

"Get inside, (y/n)! Now!" he yelled and shoved me inside with all his strength. I could hear the clacking of metal against claws, the roars of pain and gush whirled throughout this cathedral.

I latched on both of the metal bars, pulling it with all my power but it was no use for it was locked on the other side. "Help! Someone!" I banged my fists on the door, jumping up and down in little strides from distress. The weight of the dress, the tightness of the corset.

It was all a pain in the ass, and I wanted to rip it all off of me. Instead, I took the jewelry off of my body. As much as I wanted to rip my dress off like in the movies, I knew I was too weak to do so from layers upon layers of fabric. In a prick of a needle, I heard a Click! from the door.

It opened in a quick motion as a cold hand clutched me out of the room. "Good to see you again, princess." Claudia winked but my gaze no longer fell on her but the sight in front of me. Seeing Castriel in action, killing all of the vampires that dare come near him was something I would read from fairy tale books. A knight.

"Wh...what's happening?" I looked back at Claudia who seemed unfazed by the situation, but was rather more thrilled at the conflict that laid in front of our eyes. "Isn't it obvious, already?" she scoffed and pulled me down on the floor, a claw almost slicing us in half.

"What the hell, Markus?" Claudia rolled up, blocking my view. I peeked behind Claudia and saw a tanned man with a huge scar across his face, his blue eyes glaring right at me. "Lady Makaria doesn't accept traitors, Claudia." he hissed with his ferocious teeth.

Claudia's pink stained nails grew into an atrocious looking claw and struck him, Markus dodged the attack by jumping backwards. I crawled my way out and tried to blend in with the wall, the corner of my eye seeing Perseus busy slashing everyone at sight.