Chapter 13

I felt myself drowning, drowning in a pool of what seems to be blood. I felt like I was floating, but I couldn't move. I felt paralyzed. My body felt dead, no matter how hard I try to move I couldn't.

Questions float inside my head, leaving them unanswered. I questioned if this is even real or this is just a sick joke made up all inside my mind. Slowly, I started to close my eyes out of loss. The light I saw above slowly drifted away, the blood-red waters drowning me.

Just when I finally felt at ease, a pair of hands suddenly restricted me. I shot my eyes open, suddenly feeling my body waking up and struggling. Panic ablaze from inside of me, the only thing I could hear was my heartbeat.

"L...let...go.." I mumbled, I felt the tears stinging my eyes but I couldn't tell if I was even letting it fall. I didn't want it to, I will never let it fall. Never. My body wavered throughout the water, swiftly pulling me down while I struggled. "Why did you hesitate, (y/n)?" he asked, his words echoing throughout the deep ocean of many colors, red, maroon, black. All mixed.

Am I being haunted by the same killer and will I end up in the same fate as his victims? I do not know. But the thought of my blood sharing in this pool of unfortunate souls made my stomach lurched. "I...I won't let you! I won't!" I struggled to scream out the words.

"Why have pity on someone that scarred you?" his words echoed once more in the sea of blood. "Do you want me to finish him off for you my sweet one?" he whispered those final words to my ear, wanting me to hear it throughout this bloody void.

I felt the red sea swirled me around as I closed my eyes, the tight grip on my neck loosening. Here I stood once more, in the white, empty void. I met face to face with the person I once thought of as the love of my life, the one where I thought to be my future. It was all a lie, a twisted lie. "(Y/n)? Wh...where am I?" he looked at me with a terrified look.

"Deep inside, I know you want to do it (y/n)." the voice echoed once more, everything flickered as knives surrounded Eric. He screamed in terror, he began to tremble and looked around him with a look of despair hinting in his eyes. A tear fell to his cheek, I couldn't help but smile.

All it took was a tear that made me satisfied, but wishing upon him death meant nothing to me. "Are you sure, (y/n)?" I gasped when I heard my voice echo throughout this void. I looked around to see another version of myself with a knife on hand, "You. You made my life a living hell!" the other version of me yelled.

I stared as she ran towards him, "No! Don't do it!" I cried.

Just before she could even let the knife pierce through Eric, everything faded to black. "(Y/n)? Are you okay?" asked a familiar voice and I immediately got up and jumped out of my bed, "S...Stay back, Perseus!" I screamed with my trembling body.

I was back in my room, the curtains were drawn in and darkness surrounded us. "I bought you white lilies, (y/n)." Perseus chuckled while holding the vase of three white lilies. Even if I never saw his face in my dreams, he had the same voice as Perseus. Then again, it was just a dream.

I winced in pain when I stretched my neck, I went towards the mirror of my vanity and gasped at the red marks that appeared on my neck. "Oh my god.." I frowned, "Is something wrong?" Perseus asked and I looked at him. "I think the killer is haunting me!" I cried and laid on my bed, "I already have enough problems in life, I don't want another one!" I complained as if that would do anything.

I sat down on the bed and looked at Perseus, "Please put the vase down, Perseus." I requested and he gave it to me instead. I stared down at it for a moment, "What the hell are you doing here at 6 in the morning, Perseus?" I asked after glancing at my phone when a notification popped up on the screen.

"I missed you...a lot." he leaned forward, I blocked my face with the vase and sigh. I turned my head to the other side, avoiding his gaze. "I...I don't exactly feel...well.." I stumbled through my words, I couldn't tell him what I felt because I couldn't even decipher what I do felt for Perseus. I was confused and nervous, the only thing I could do was fiddle with my fingers.

My thoughts were burst when Perseus stood up from the chair, "It doesn't matter, (y/n). I'll always be here for you, and only you." he smiled at me but it only felt creepy and off. He started to walk away and I stared, "Are you...are you leaving?" I asked and he nods in reply.

He closed the door behind him, not meeting my gaze once more. How did he even get in here? I asked myself.

Looking down at the flower, I noticed a small card.

Purity and Rebirth

Was what it said in cursive writing.