Chapter 33

Castriel's POV

Recruiting the people in our camp wasn't that easy, so as filling in Miranda's spot. Some only took a few seconds to muster in while I had to convince the other's with a sentimental speech.

(Y/n)'s family had arrived safely from the hands of Claudia as promised. They seem to be doing well in my old tent. We couldn't let them go back without their safety being assured.

Caleb seemed to have turned his back on me and his other comrades as well. But there was enough people to help, or at least I think so. Most were the mentors of the young ones who taught the skills that was necessary whenever a conflict takes place.

My heart felt itched with a beat while I softly bit down on my lower lip. I gazed at the trainees preparing to take forth in the so called war, some were the same age as I was and the others were in their 20s.

Unlike them, I was already exposed from the violence of vamps and humans. A stake and a wielding sword was what I always heard from my younger years.

Even with my prodigious skills in warfare, I did not have the strong, brave attitude that was always depicted in fairytales but a gentle soul was what they called it. Fragile and frail inside.

I was no match from my brother's attitude and so I became the shadow and the outcast of an aristocrat family. Though, its probably the best.

If I was as merely as perfect of a son like my father wanted me to be, maybe Caleb and I wouldn't get along. It was a nightmare, and seeing it come through was swallowing me whole.

I didn't notice that I was even staring at Caleb when he glared. I gripped on the leather book tight and went back inside Miranda's tent with a loud sigh, "What's with the long face?" I heard someone ask.

I jumped back and took a deep breathe in, surprised at Claudia's sight. "You really need to stop doing that." I put a hand to my heart and placed the book at the working desk in front of Claudia.

"How's our plan going?" she asked with her purple eyes following my direction to the corner of the tent. "I was able to convince hundreds of people to come, surely that would be enough?" I lift a brow, "Against a thousand? You're kidding, right?"

"Hundreds who are skilled enough to go against Perseus? Yeah, no kidding." I said with confidence, but deep inside I had my own doubts taunting me with fits of laughter. I've transmitted my message to the other camps about what was going on, and luckily a lot responded back to form an ally.

Hundreds who gave me sleepless nights. Hundreds who would be facing a bloodbath. "You're doubting yourself." she commented, sitting on the work table with her eyes piercing through me. I snapped out and gazed at her "Did...did you just read my mind?" I asked with a flustered look on my face.

"Only vampires who has those special abilities can, and I'm not one of them. I can only hypnotize you." she explained with a mischievous smirk plastered on her face. I frowned and stepped back, "The way you're looking at me right now isn't at all comforting, Claudia." I said and looked down at the floor.

She laughed in response, something about her expression seemed genuine like she didn't force a laugh. Her eyes went a bit agape as I saw a faint blush on her cheeks, she looked away and changed to her neutral look.

"Tomorrow's the blood moon, you know the way." Claudia said and within a blink had vanished.