Chapter 22

Looking outside the window, I heard the door shut close. "What happened to the flowers, (y/n)?" he asked but I couldn't see his figure through the window. It was as if he was never there, yet he was. "What do you think, Perseus?" I asked back, looking at the window.

"Because you don't like me yet?" he answered back softly, "I don't only like you, Perseus. I hate you." I turned to him with furrowed brows and clenched fists.

In a blink, he was already in front of me, he closed the curtains shut, the room becoming dimly dark. His hand embracing my cheek, "Oh you will, (y/n). I'd love you forever, I'll do anything for you, (y/n)!" his voice began to raise higher and higher, with his eyes gleaming vehemently as if trying to blind me. "(Y/n), we're going to be together! You won't have to worry about anything, (y/n)!" his hands that held both of my palms growing into claws.

I winced in pain, his claw piercing through my skin as blood drew out. His words echoed through my ears and I could no longer stand it, it all felt like an anguish. "Shut up, Perseus!" I yelled, slapping him across the face in a snap.

"I'll never love you! Never!" I pushed him away from me, his hand touching his face. His sharp claws going back to normal. We stared at each other, Perseus with a shocked face as if he wasn't expecting the blow. He looked down at my hand, the trickling of my blood staining my palm and carpet.

I cursed under my breath and ran to the bed and tumbling to the floor, reaching for the doorknob. But to my despair, my run was a horrible failure. His hand gripped onto my neck, restricting my breath.

With all the strength that I had, I tried everything to get his grip off of me. His eyes were of a hungry lion, with eyes flaring against my own sight. Perseus exposed his fangs, his grip tightening and pushing me upwards until I could no longer reach the floor with my feet.

"Per..seus" I choked out his name, pleading for my life as my eyes water. My eyes darted everywhere, in every corner. I wanted to scream for help, I pounded on the door but no one came to rescue me. I didn't want to die like this, to die in the hands of a monster.

I closed my eyes shut, giving in to death. My arms stopped pounding on the door, and my feet came to an abrupt stop from staggering everywhere in the air. In one more gasp, I felt my body fall to the ground.

I felt a cold touch to my neck, as much as I wanted to push him away my body couldn't find the strength to do so. I gasped for air and opened my eyes halfway, looking at Perseus who kneeled in front of me. "I'm sorry, (y/n)." he sighs, giving pitiful eyes. "I should have killed you, maybe then I wouldn't be like this," Perseus stood up, taking my hand and pushing me to the bed.

"Rest, (y/n)." Perseus closed my eyes. I took my time, hearing the clock every second tick tock tick tock. I clenched onto the bedsheets, my eyes wanting to open.

I waited for a few more minutes until I finally gathered up all the courage to open my eyes, to my surprise there was no one in front of me. I looked in every corner but there was no sign of Perseus.

I immediately went out of my room, flighting down the stairs in a bolt. I could hear my heartbeat ringing through my ears, my mind running as fast as my feet. With every step I take, another thought come to life.

I stopped dead in my tracks, no one was there. The curtains draped over the window, the room felt lonely and dark. I called out for them, but there was no sign of life.

My hands began to tremble and with full panic, I staggered my way up the stairs and dialed Alex's number. "Please pick up, please." I sobbed, "Hey, sup?" I heard Alex's voice from the other side. I gasped in relief and stood up from the bed, "Where are you?" I asked, "At the police station, mom and dad too. What's up? Is everything okay there?" he asked with a hint of concern.

"No...not at all." I answered back with a frown, trying my best not to quiver through my words as I wiped away the tears that fell. I ended the call, walking back and forth and glancing every now and then at the window.

I wanted to run, to run away from here. "Fuck it." I mumbled to myself and began to pack a few things with me, I swung my backpack to my shoulder and ran out of the room. Run. Run. run. Don't look back, don't look back. I chanted to myself, keeping my words as I ran off without looking back.

I twist and turn, trying to take off the purple sapphire ring but it was stuck like a glue. No matter how much I turned and twist, it won't let go of me. I cursed under my breath, abruptly coming to a halt.

The trees surrounded me in every corner and the darkness swallowed me whole. I heard rustling from behind me and I ran fast as a cheetah, going deeper into the forest. Its probably one of the dumbest things I have done in my life.

I slid my phone out of my pocket, "Shoot!" I exclaimed as my phone dropped down on the dirt. I stopped to my tracks and hastily picked it up from the dirt but before I could even get away, I was met with a loud footstep from behind me coming to a stop.

I stayed stock still as if that would somehow camouflage me with the dark. I bit down on my bottom lip, closing my eyes. "Are you okay?" asked the person behind me softly.

I slowly crooked my head behind to see a man who seemed to be the same age as I am, with brown, messy hair and emerald green eyes. The man looked familiar, as if I had saw him a few times around. It was the guy from café, the waiter.

He helped me up to my feet and pat down the dirt from my knees of my jeans. "Hmm, its quite dark outside," he commented, looking up at the sky as the stars twinkled in greeting. Before I could say something, he covered my mouth.

His emerald eyes darted in every direction and suddenly pulled me to the side, hiding behind a bush. "Be quiet (y/n), he's here." he whispered, I opened my mouth but closed it when I heard a loud growl.

We stayed still for a good minute until we no longer heard the noises and loud footsteps. He stood up and pulled me up to my feet, "Quickly, follow me (y/n)." he took my hand and began to run.

I pulled my hand away from his grasps, stopping dead in my tracks. "Who are you and how do you know my name?" I asked, backing away with my pepper spray behind me. He looked behind us and sighs, shushing me to keep quiet. "I'm Castriel Owens," he introduced himself and shook my hand, "Now please follow me-"

"To where? Huh? Are you one of those monsters? Are you going to kidnap me?" I questioned, my voice getting louder as a man jumped out with a growl. He exposed his fangs and claws sharper than a knife. Castriel and I backed away as he slowly reached from his body bag behind him.

The man lunged forward, striking him with a claw. Castriel dodged the attack, nudging him to the head, the man turned around as Castriel plunged a knife to his eyeball. I cringed at the sight of it, the man staggered backward and turned to me.

My knees began to tremble, thinking this was the coming of my death. I closed my eyes, ready for the pain to strike but instead heard a thud! on the floor. I peeked open one eye and almost screamed but was able to cover it with my mouth as I backed away.

The man was decapitated, his lifeless body in front of Castriel with a bloody knife. He puffed, tired from the fight. He wiped away the blood from his face with his sleeve and put his knife back to his body bag. "You good?" he looked up at me, I nod my head in response. "Ah, that's nice. Come on then! Let's move along." he beckoned me over.

"But what about him?" I pointed at the corpse in front of us. "Don't worry, those bloody creatures will turn to dust in the morning." Castriel snickered and turned around and moved forward, "Are you coming along?" he asked, not turning his gaze back to me.

With one last look, I jumped over the corpse and caught up with Castriel.