Chapter 10

"Happy birthday!" We all exclaimed when dad came home. He hugged Alex and me, "You're old, dad." Alex commented and dad only rolled his eyes, "At least I moved out in your age." Dad backfired and I laughed. "Hey dad," I looked at him and gave him a lime green present. Father kissed me on the forehead and smiled, "Thank you, sweetheart. Is it a book?" he asked but I didn't say anything.

Dad had always been good at knowing things.

A few guests came today, some were our relatives and some were friends of mom and dad. I didn't have anyone else to invite since my friends are kind of assholes. "He probably liked me more because I'm more fun than you!"

"I heard he dumped her for being a crazy bitch."

"I didn't know you were that awful, (y/n)."

Those words stabbed my heart and until today, I still felt conflicted on whether I deserved it or not. "Is something bothering you?" Perseus asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I didn't know I was just standing there in the middle of the room while relatives and family friends surrounded me. "Yeah," I replied, avoiding Perseus's gaze.

"(Y/n)!" I heard Norah's voice behind me, I turned around and hugged her. "How have you been?" I asked after pulling away, "I'm fine, you?" she raised a brow. "I'm good. I'm really glad you could make it today!"

"Your mother asked me to come, I couldn't say no to my future mother-in-law!" Norah winked at me and I rolled my eyes, "Oh please, good luck living with an idiot like him." I pointed at Alex just a few inches away from us, wrestling with his friends from back home.

I heard Norah let out a quiet laugh and turned to Perseus, "So! How are you two?" she asked while clasping her hands together with the hope that I'll say something along the lines of us being together. Honestly, what's up with them thinking he's my boyfriend?

"We're fine," Perseus answered sternly, Norah nudged his shoulder as he stepped back. "Oh come on! Just kiss already!" Norah squealed and I immediately took a step back, I looked around and became at ease when no one heard or stared. It was loud enough for Norah's voice to die down immediately.

"Don't do that again, Norah!" I plea, "Oh, fine! I apologize." Norah chuckled. I sigh and nod my head, accepting her apology. Alex waved at Norah and she immediately went to him, Alex introduced her to his friends.

"Do you have friends, Perseus?" I looked at him. his eyes widen a bit as if he didn't expect me to ask such a question. "She's standing here right in front of me," he winked, "Unless she wants to be more than friends," Perseus added. "Too bad, his friend isn't interested," I answered back.

Both Perseus and I let out a laugh, for the first time I felt a bit happy with Perseus. He may be a little bit weird and off-putting, but he cheered me up at some times.

"I'll be traveling tomorrow, don't look for me." Perseus stated, "Where to?" I asked but he only put his index finger to his lips. It was a secret. I groaned, "You can't just put me in a cliffhanger!" I complained but he only laughed in response, avoiding giving out an answer.

I wasn't going to lie and say I wouldn't miss him, but I did more than I thought I would. "I won't be gone for long, I'll come back." he said and I smiled, "Well, stay safe!"

Hours passed by but it felt like minutes with Perseus. "I'll be back, I just have to get something upstairs." I waved a hand at Perseus and went to up the stairs to my bedroom.

I opened the door and left it open, rummaging through the drawer for something to tie my hair with.

I heard the door suddenly close as I stopped and looked up, my eyes widen in surprise to see Perseus standing there with a frown.

He went towards me and I backed away, "P...Perseus?" His name made me stutter. His eyes looked intense, his gaze penetrated me whole. "Just this once," he whispered and before I could even reply, his lips crashed against mine.

He withdraws the curtains in, the room becoming dark. His cold hands caressed my cheek, his teeth biting my bottom lip softly.

I felt like my heart was about to burst out of me. I didn't know what to do but my temptations got the best of me as I kissed back, leaning forward.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands snaked around my waist and pulled me closer to his body, Perseus went down to my collar bone and began to trail kisses to my neck as he stopped there. I could feel his teeth and I froze, "What are you doing?" I asked.

He continued to trail kisses up to my jaw and laid his lips against mine, he stopped and looked at me. "Taking you to bed," he whispered with a deep chuckle, I felt myself heating up like wildfire as he pushed me to the bed. I crashed down, he looked at me with his arms laying on either side.

Just before he could lean in once more, we heard a knock on the door. My eyes widened and pushed Perseus off of the bed in a panic and stood up. "(Y/n)? Are you in there?" I heard Norah's voice from the other side of the door, I opened it and heard Perseus grunt behind me.

Norah tilts her head and puts her hand to her mouth. "Am I interrupting something?" she asked with a cheeky grin. "You wer-" I elbowed Perseus's stomach behind me and I let out a laugh, "Nope! We were just..." I paused for a moment, trying to find a quick excuse.

"talking about something personal." Perseus sigh, he took out his handkerchief and wiped away invisible tears. "Oh, then why is the room so dark?" Norah raised a brow, "Well, it just really sets the ambiance no? It uh, well, it just gives peace." I heard Perseus sob.

Norah frowned and sighed to herself, "Well, just wanted to say I'll be going. Alex will take me back home, I hope you would feel better soon Perseus!" Norah waved. I closed the door quietly and let out my breath, I didn't know I was even holding it in.

I looked at Perseus and I laughed, "You're a bad liar, (y/n)." he commented and I glared at him. "Says the one who wiped invisible tears." I crossed my arm, I heard Perseus laugh. He walked to the curtain and saw that the sunset is almost down.

Perseus looked at me "I have to go, (y/n)." he said. I nod my head as he wrapped his hands around my waist, "I love you, (y/n)." Perseus said in an undertone. I couldn't answer back, I felt conflicted over it. Was I only tempted? Or am I having growing feelings?