secrets are out (6)

While we sat on the couch watching the detective lucky show, my anxiety increased, knowing that sooner or later i'm going to have to tell him that the coffee jelly isn't ready. I was fumbling with my hands a lot, but i don't think Saiki noticed. I was waiting for the one hour mark to see if a miracle happened and the coffee jelly was ready, and after a long time of waiting, the one hour mark came.

"I-i'm going to go and check on the coffee jellies, to see if they're ready." I said nervously. I have no idea what I expect to happen, because one hour wasn't even quarter of the time needed to wait. I'd better not get my hopes up for this, but since i'm already here, what would be the point of going back now? I opened the freezer and dug out the coffee jelly from the corner. To my surprise, the two cups were frozen to the right state, and they were ready to be eaten! Either i'm crazy, or Saiki probably did this!

As a secret but not-so-secret apology for taking a long time, i made the jelly look extra delicious by adding some whipped cream and a strawberry. Hopefully he wants strawberries now, because i'm not going to allow him to take them off. I carefully walked into the living room, and handed him his coffee jelly. Saiki looked at me as if there could be poison in it, and then took the coffee jelly, taking a small bite out of it. 

     He enjoyed his coffee jelly, while i enjoyed my strawberries. Now's my chance to try and get to know Saiki more better! I should say something, but for some reason i keep stopping myself from asking him questions at the last moment. I felt like we were playing chess. I was the weak king, and he was the cunning queen. I'm not even good at chess! Heck! i don't even know how to play! All i know is, king bad, queen good.

"So Saiki, what are your hobbies?" i asked, hoping for an answer other than 'yes'. 

"I don't have any hobbies." he replied solemnly. 

"C'mon man! Please try a little to actually be in the conversation! I already said i was sorry, and i even brought you over to my house and treated you to your favorite desert! What more do i need to do for you to become my friend?!" I yelled. 

"what if i don't want you to be my friend?" Saiki said solemnly again. now this dude is just being downright rude! 'wEll wHat If i dOn't want to be friends?!' i mocked.

"Well the least you could do was actually try. It's not like i'm going to immediately snap at you to get out of the house or something like that." I said again. 

"well then ask me whatever you want and i'll answer truthfully." Saiki said. i could tell he was annoyed, when i asked him about stuff, probably because i'm interrupting his precious eating time.

"do you have superpowers?" i asked. Saiki froze, just like all the other times i've told you about. It took him a long time to give me my answer, probably because he was trying to think about what he should do.

"well maybe i do, and maybe i don't. you'll never know, because i'll never tell a soul." he replied, taking a spoonful of coffee jelly. 

"It's not like you can hide yourself from me now, because there were a bunch of signs pointing to this theory, and not a lot pointing elsewhere. You should really work on your acting skills. Maybe i could tutor you or something! Yeah that would be fun!" i said playfully. 

"i don't need acting skills, i can just trick you brain into thinking that i'm someone else." Saiki replied.

"well then, if you're so powerful, was it actually  you who made the coffee jellies freeze more faster?" i asked. Saiki nodded. Well at least i didn't have to do something annoying, like carrying some bowl of gelatin mixture my whole life, only to find out that the .

"oooh! can you read my mind? i asked. "what am i thinking of right now?" 

"you're thinking about whether i can read your mind or not, and if i can do it correctly." Saiki Said.

"well that one doesn't count! you can tell that just from what i said earlier!" I yelled. 

"well that's all you're thinking about, because you just said it. And now you're thinking about how much of a stuck-up brat i am, which is clearly not true because i'm only saying the truth. i know what you're thinking about, so you don't have to act all goody goody around me." Saiki replied calmly. I swear, the amount of calmness this guy has is astronomical. It's just like if someone said, 'dude you suck.'

And then Saiki's just like, 'ha, okay.' Either this dude doesn't have backbone, or he seriously just doesn't care at all. And to be fair, i didn't actually think he was a stuck up brat! that's not exactly what my thoughts said! What i was actually thinking about, was the fact that he has zero filter. I think i hate people like this so much, because of this personality game i play. Something like that probably.

"that is absolutely wrong, they did say that i was a brat in their head." Saiki said. This dude is talking directly to you guys, like i am right now. how dare he.

"What the heck?! Steal my audience now why don'tcha'!" i yelled at him.

"you know you don't have to announce everything i say. same goes for everything you say, you also don't have to announce what you're thinking, but do whatever you want to do." Saiki said.

shut up Saiki! This is an autobiography, not a show, so you can't just look at whoever's mouth is moving! 

"whatever you say Y/n. Oh and also, you just broke character."