left behind (16)

the next day i stayed home from school, because of... oh yeah i forgot to mention. The school is allowing my class to take a plane to Okinawa for three days. I'm not going though, because i have to stay with Yuuta at home for those three days. Mom has to work day and night to keep us afloat, and that's all because her boss won't really pay her that much. I don't know why though. I don't know how mom managed to get through every day without me watching Yuuta for her... that's the whole reason why i'm here. Well that and, i couldn't take my dad being the... jerk he is. Now i would say something more, but i would like them to read my autobiography in schools.

"i'm sorry i can't come Shun, i have to watch Yuuta!" i said, giving Shun a sad smile. Shun had a frown on his face, and he was about to let out some tears. God, this dude is going to make me cry too... I really want to spend Okinawa with the best dudes ever...

"But Y/n! Can't you just bring Yuuta with us?! i'll pay for the whole thing!" Shun whined. 

"i'd have to bring him everywhere we go, and Yuuta has a habit of wandering off, so i can't risk him getting lost in an unfamiliar place. i don't want to make you pay for everything, i'm really sorry Shun, i want to go too..." i said, trying to let him down easy. well i think i put minimal effort into letting him down easy actually...

"the plane is going to leave in a thirty minutes, we need to leave." Kusuo interrupted.

"shhh! i'm trying to comfort the poor guy!" i whisper yelled at him.

"aww come here guys, we'll miss you a lot Y/n!" Nendou said, squeezing us both into a group hug.

"you're all being overly dramatic, especially you Y/n. you're all going to be away from each other for only three days. that's a lot less than an entire week." Kusuo said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"hush child! we're having a moment! You could always join in on this group hug though." i said, as Shun and Nendou basically pulled me halfway to the ground with their hug. Kusuo sighed. after a good two minutes, we finally broke the hug, and i got ready to drive them to the airport. The drive was quiet, like when the sleepover is over, and you all know that one of you is going to leave soon, so you're all just caught in a sad silence...That was really detailed...
i'm lonely...

"well have a good time in Okinawa guys... i'll miss you!" i shouted. At this point Nendou had to drag Shun, along with both of their luggage onto the plane. Kusuo was about to leave, but i took this chance to hug him before he left.

"i'll miss you especially!" i shouted into his back. To my surprise, he patted my head.

"if i pat your head comfortingly like this, will you let me go, i'm going to be late."

You always ruin the mood Kusuo. But anyways, yeah sure. i'll take your head pats as payment... don't forget to come back and tell me all about it, or else i'll have a bunch of uneaten coffee jelly going to waste.

I let Kusuo go, and he began walking away, raising a hand as he walked. sometimes i can't tell if he actually likes me, or if i'm just an annoyance to him. Oh well... i might as well get into the car, and drive home before i start crying in front of all these people.
when i got home, Yuuta was waiting for me, as mom had only just left a few minutes ago for work. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i hate my brother, it's just that i still wish i could've gone to Okinawa with the rest of the class. It's not like i have the money, or time for that anyways, for reasons stated previously. But... i guess i shouldn't complain that much... no i shouldn't complain at all, because mom's working so hard just to put some food on the table. 
I sat down on the couch and started watching some TV.  That's when it came to me. I should get a job! I remember Mera telling me about how she has to go to work after school everyday, so maybe i should ask her if i could start working there with her! I'm sure she'd be able to pull a few strings, so that her boss could hire me, and maybe even allow Yuuta to wait on one of the tables for my shift to finish.

"that's it!" I shouted, pointing at the air. 

"what's it?" Yuuta asked, looking up from doing his homework on the kitchen counter. Actually... Yuuta does have that wandering problem... he might even walk out of the restaurant one day while i'm working in the kitchen or something. Do you think asking Mera to ask her boss if i could work outside on the tables would be too much? It may be too much... but i'll give it a shot. You never know! The boss could be super generous, and even let Yuuta have some free meals while he waits for me. 
That would be the best case scenario, so i'd better call up Mera quickly, before i think of the worst case scenario, and chicken out of asking for the job... after all i am really unqualified for a restaurant job... and i probably... sigh there i go, doubting myself again. Maybe when Kusuo comes back, i could ask him to use one of his super powers on the boss, to make him give me the job! Hehe~ i wouldn't have to worry then!