complicated (23)

Y/n went through the whole awkward situation, with a smile on their face, because after all, showing any emotion but happiness, would be against protocol. After a short while, Y/n ended up warming up to Saiki and Kuboyasu again, making it easier to do the job, and so Y/n was able to go to sleep, not overthinking whether they did something wrong or not.
The next day, Y/n felt a little more comfortable talking to them openly at school now, because just recently, Y/n stopped talking to both of them altogether, afraid of the awkward silence that they all knew would come.
As Y/n walked through the halls, they ran into Kuboyasu. It was pretty fun for Y/n, to talk to him, but then things got serious.

"you know Y/n... I'v been waiting for an answer for a long time, and I'm getting a little restless... But I would wait forever for you..." Kuboyasu said finally. The passion fin this man was beyond Y/n. Y/n couldn't figure out how he became so in love with them, in such a short time. Y/n still didn't know how they felt about this either. Something, somehow, was holding Y/n back, and just like when Kuboyasu confessed, Y/n gave the same answer.

"I'll think about it." was all Y/n said. With that, they got to their classroom right as the school bell rang, taking them both out of the uncomfortable situation. 
The bell may have taken Y/n out of the situation physically, but it could never take Y/n out of it mentally. All day Y/n would try and figure out what was stopping her from accepting Kuboyasu's confession. He seemed like a nice guy, and really passionate at that. He'd also saved Y/n from Teruhashi's crazy fan club, the Kokominzu! 
This was all so difficult for Y/n, because usually they aren't one to put their heart before their head. When Y/n would try to ask for advice from anyone, all they'd ever say, is follow your heart. 

'Well what if I don't know how to do that? Got any 'follow your heart' advice for that?' Y/n would think to themselves, after another failed attempt at getting good advice. Eventually Y/n stopped asking for advice, and tried to think logical, ruling out the pros and cons of being with Kuboyasu. That eventually failed too, because the pros and cons tied. Y/n wanted to follow their heart, but it was too confusing. Sure Y/n's so called heart, wanted to be with Kuboyasu, but then again it told her something was wrong. Maybe Y/n wasn't smart enough to understand, and they needed to ask someone who's smarter. Maybe they should ask Kusuo. 
Just as Y/n thought of this, Saiki asked to go to the bathroom, so Y/n asked to go too. Excited to finally get this whole thing solved, but as Y/n turned the corner, they were met by Saiki... who instantly erased their memory. 
Through the whole thing, Y/n forgot one thing. Saiki could read their mind, and knew exactly what was going on. He thought it was the answer... to erase all Y/n's memory of himself. He was what was holding Y/n back from being with Kuboyasu, and it was better if he was out of the picture because of it.
Sure Saiki would say that he didn't care for Y/n. But deep down, he did. He just didn't know it yet, and now it was too late. But thatʻs probably why Saiki doesnʻt care for love. Because heʻs the only one smart enough to know that it doesn't matter what you do, because it'll all be the same. Because itʻll all hurt in the end.
But then again, he's not that cliche. He's not another stupid fairy tale.