not alone (17)

as the phone continued to ring on my end, i thought about how... (possibly) exciting my soon to be new job would be. 
I wonder if waiting tables is actually way more fun than in movies! Well it looked like it sucks in movies, and whenever someone assumes real life is like movies, everything goes wrong. So since it's the opposite here, maybe the opposite will happen, and i'll actually have fun serving the customers.
Finally Mera picked up, and she answered with a slightly stressed voice.

"e-erm hello?" Mera answered.

"Hi Mera! So you doing okay at your job?" i asked, a little worried at her tone.

"well the boss just dumped a bunch of work on me, that's due by the end of the week, and i still have to clean the kitchen, but other than that i think i'm doing pretty okay!" she said.
I could hear her eye twitching from the other side of the phone. I wonder if i'm asking too much... i mean she did just say that her boss gave her tons of more work to do by the end of the week, which is only two days from now. She might forget to do her work because of me... but no, you didn't give yourself that pep talk like a weirdo for nothing me! it's fine, she'll manage! And if she can't, you can always help her once you get the job! Yeah that's right, i'm definitely going to get this job, because i'm naturally awesome~!

"see, that's what i called you for. I was wondering if you could get me an interview with your boss, for a job." i said to her, trying to be as less of a bother as possible.

"oh yeah sure! he'd love a new person, to help with the shop, and i'd also love another set of hands to help me!" she said, sounding a bit more brighter.

"Oh okay then, thanks! Let me know if i got the interview, and when it is!" i said, hanging up on her. Jeez... this job sounds so stressful already... i'm beginning to have second thoughts about this...
no! Don't be a coward, me! do it for mom, and Yuuta! Maybe Kusuo too, because without money we can't afford coffee jelly! -and maybe also do it for yourself, because if Kusuo doesn't get his coffee jelly, there's an eighty percent chance that you won't live to see the next day! 
then it's settled! I'm going through with this, and nothing's going to stop me, until i find a better job! So now i just have to go through the painful and agonizing wait, to see whether i get the interview. There's also that painful, and agonizing wait, for when Shun, Kusuo, and Nendou come back. 

"Haha... i'll be fine these next three days... definitely..." i mumbled to myself, not knowing that Yuuta heard me.

"yeah! Of course everything's going to be okay, because you have me! By the way, when can Cyborg cider man number two come back to our house play again?" Yuuta asked.

"uh... Cyborg cider man number two is going to be busy for the next three days... with Baron cola! He has to watch Baron cola like a hawk, as Baron cola takes a vacation to Okinawa!" I answered. Well technically i was telling the truth... i mean Kusuo normally does have to watch Nendou, and Shun like a hawk, to make sure they won't get into trouble, and they're all on vacation in Okinawa...

"aw man! i wanted to see if Cyborg cider man number two could take me to go flying in the air again, with his soda rocket boots!" Yuuta whined. The fact that Yuuta figured out Kusuo had powers before me still finds it's way into my head to this day. Like when you're trying to go to sleep, but then you remember that one cringe thing you did five years ago.

"sorry Yuuta! Cyborg cider man's work is never done..." I replied. 

"well why couldn't they bring me to Okinawa with them?!" Yuuta whined again. Because we're poor, and every place there is a hazard for you.

"Because they didn't want you to get lost there, or get hurt there. We would be just tourists there, so it would be easy to get lost!"

"I promise i'll be good and stay by them if you let me go with them! I'll even wash the dishes again!"

"No Yuuta. You're not washing the dishes again, and you're not going to Okinawa with them. The plane already left, so you couldn't get there even if you tried."

"You're so mean Y/n, I don't like you anymore!" Yuuta said, storming up the stairs into his room. Sometimes this kid makes me regret even coming to this place. We only just met a few months ago! But then i'd also regret not coming to this place, because it's way better than with dad. At least i know you'll be right upstairs, so that i know that i'm not alone. bad company is better than no company. I think that's how the saying goes.
I waited a few minutes downstairs to try and hear what this boy was up to. Yuuta always makes it a big deal to have that 'no girls' sign on the front of his door. He takes that rule so seriously, that Mom isn't even allowed to go into his room. When i heard nothing, i shouted towards the upstairs.

"Hey Yuuta!!! You won't leave me alone this week right?" I yelled. Yuuta had the audacity to ignore me for a few minutes, and keep doing whatever it was that he was doing. 

"no? why would i do that?" Yutta Yelled finally, from upstairs.

"oh nothing, i just feel a bit lonely down here, and i just wanted to check with you because i was bored, and had nothing to do."

"Oh! Okay then!" Yuuta shouted again, as if he didn't have a care in the world. i have a feeling that i'll be extra depressed tomorrow, and the two days following.