Chapter 4 - I Won't Be Ignored

Marianne's POV

I look down at my ringing phone and sigh.

"Yes, I think so, I don't know what to do anymore" I respond with a frown.

"Do about what?" asks a farmiliar deep voice i had hoped to never hear again.

I turn around and see Angelo approach us, walking very casually in his black jeans, grey v-neck tshirt and black leather jacket, paired with black boots. He has a pair of sunglasses on him, so i can't actually read his face.

My heartbeat picks up immediately and for the first time since I have been here, I feel like I shouldn't have come. I don't know why, but he always makes me feel like I don't belong. He makes me nervous and insecure, and I hate it.

Ally sighs.

"Just some guy that has been stalking Mary, I really think that you should just...... " Ally starts to explain innocently.

"Ally!" I cut her off. I don't want to share my business with him.

Ally looks at me then him and then back at me again and frowns.

"Sorry, sorry, I just got carried away, I am really sorry" she apologizes.

"You have a stalker?" Angelo asks anyway, with no shame at all for interfering in a private conversation and I actually glare at Ally for indulging him but bless her soul because she actually grins at me guiltily and gets up.

"I am going to go check on my husband, excuse me" she says hurriedly and disappears.

"Well?" His voice brings me out of my thoughts as i stare at Ally's dissapearing frame and remember that this is the same man who said i was nobody and has done nothing but take negative jibes at me either directly or indirectly ever since we met.

Deciding my next move, i stand up to leave aswell, but he steps in my way and blocks me. He is much taller than me, so i have to look up to see him with him being so close.

"You have a stalker?" He asks me again. His pushes his shades to the top of his head and his brown eyes make direct contact with my blue ones, making it clear he is serious with his question this time.

His aura is intimidating and unconsciously, i bite the nail off my thumb, a habit i haven't done in years, and shake my head at him.

"No, don't mind what she said, it's really nothing." I reply after finding my voice again.

He raises an eyebrow, creating wrinkles on his forehead and just stares at me. I want to walk away but hold his stare defiantly.

Just on cue, my phone rings again and i look down at it in my hand and find it's the same number again, Eric's, number.

Before i can decide what to do next, he grabs the phone from my hand and answers it. shit.

"Hello" he speaks into the phone, squinting his eyes slightly.

Hey!!! How dare he?

I try to reach for it, but he keeps one hand firmly around my forearm to keep me away from him, an action that seems so effortless for him but his tight grip on my bare skin exhits his strength and the direct contact on my bare skin is slightly......distracting.