Chapter 28 - Savage Love

Marianne's POV

I leave Angelo's apartment abruptly and contrary to what i said to him, without even a plan on how to get to work this morning, so i end up being late, but luckily, since the day the principal saw me with him, he has been overly nice to me and so he didn't make abig deal out of it, like he would normally do.

All through the morning i feel like a grouch. I am trying my best not to be sulky, but i think i am failing miserably and everyone can see it.

Every once in a while, my mind zones out, even my students have noticed it, because i ended up messing up my class work, twice, and i am usually very efficent.

Honestly, i just want a moment to myself, but the day is really so busy, i can't catch a break. Today is just not my day.

And to make matters worse, i forgot my phone back at Angelo's place, which is making me even more anxious because i don't know who's been trying to get in touch with me.

More specifically, if Angelo has tried to contact me.

Or maybe he is too busy making up with Claire.

I think back at how beautiful she looked and look down at my own outfit. I had to cover up more today to hide the many hickeys Angelo deliberately left all over my body last night.

"I want you to think of me everytime you sit down tomorrow. And everytime someone sees these, i want them to know you belong to someone" he had said.

But now i imagine him with her now, back at the apartment, making up. Perhaps, he has even decided to take a day off from work, so they can catch up on the time they spent apart.

"Hello!!!! earth to Mary" someone snorts at me.

I look up to find Rachel and two other colleagues at the door, who i am supposed to go and have lunch with as per usual.

"I called your name, like a thousand times, what are you thinking about?"she exagerates,, placing her hand on her hip in an annoyed manner.

"Nothing, sorry, lets go" i say and we start heading to our usual eating place down the street.

"Hey, it's about a guy right? That guy that you have been seeing but I haven't met yet?" she asks quietly so that the others don't hear us.

In as much as i would love to talk to someone right now, Rachel is the last person i want to pour my heart out to.

Luke would be the ideal person, we share everything and he has confided in me about sarah many times, but he doesn't like Angelo one bit because he feels we are moving too fast and he may just end up not being objective and making me feel worse.

"Yes, but i don't really want to talk about it yet" i answer honestly.

No point in denying it to her. Rachel is an expert in this kind of stuff, and i imagine she will know if i lie, i just don't know if i can trust her, if it was any other guy but Angelo, i would have.

"Well, if you change your mind, i am here" she offers politely and i smile at her offer.

She has been really coming through for me as a friend, especially since that party incident where i met Angelo.

*

I sit through another meeting spacing in and out of the discussion.

I replay for the millionth time the events of this morning.

Maybe i should have been a little bit more attentive to her after Claire and Alexis showed up, or maybe a little bit affectionate towards her, or insisted on taking her to work myself.