Chapter 52 - Tunnel Vision

Marianne's POV

"What?"Angelo smiles at me.

"Nothing" I respond, continuing to pick up some of the little stuff i left unpacked yesterday, so that i can use them today to get ready.

"What!!!" Angelo asks again, staring at me with exasperation.

"What have i done? I haven't said a word. I am packing and minding my own business here?" I retort and try to keep a straight face as i go about my business.

"Keep that grin on your face and i will give you something to really laugh about!" He says iritably, and it causes me to snap, and burst out laughing.

"Mary!!!!!" He warns.

And it only makes me laugh harder.

He huffs in fustration and goes about his business too, ignoring me, and i come up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Ok...ok..I am done now" I murmur.

He turns only his head to look back at me.

"We agreed to never talk about it" he mutters, referring to late last night and how his 'little surprise' worked out against him.

"And I haven't said anything" I argue.

"You keep laughing and making that face, that's no different" he complains seriously.

"Ok..i'll stop" I murmur, tilting my head down abit in his back to hide my growing smile.

He notices my dilemma and rolls his eyes, turning away.

"Ok, i am sorry, but i can't help it. You are just mad that i finally have something to hold over you" I mumble.

"Whatever" he frowns.

"Ok, ok. I am done, don't be mad" I utter, coming to stand in front of him and pouting, but he tries to ignore me.

"You are going to upset the baby if you are going to be mad" I whisper, when he continues to look away and this time, he smiles, shaking his head a little.

"I will miss this...just being us and having all this time to ourselves" I whisper.

"Me too. But nothing has to change.... we will have alot of time together.....you will see" he utters with promise, his fingers lightly rubbing my baby hair.

"Ok....you done?" I ask, referring to his last minute packing too.

"Done"

*

The flight back home is a little less dramatic than our flight to Mexico, but still just as interesting. Again, champagne is popping today, to celebrate a memorable holiday, only this time, everyone seems to tire out quickly from the excessive talking and soon gets preoccupied with their phones, or sleep.

I generally feel tired most of the time lately, so i spend the hours sleeping, next to Angelo, who in turn is very hooked on watching movies to kill the time.

I lightly elbow him to get his attention.

"Apart from the news and sports? Do you ever sit down to watch anything else?" I ask.

He pauses the movie and chuckles at my question.

"No..I never had time for movies....then over time i generally lost interest......" He says, before unpausing.

"So are you enjoying it now?" I ask, wondering if he is watching it out of interest or boredom.

He pauses again.