Chapter 60 - My Heart Insists

Marianne's POV

Love is an adrenaline and a feeling so strong so deep, in which the world disappears, when you cling to a woman who loves and hates with the force of a volcano. Only she has wept in silence of suffering, lives intensely in the pain, and loves in the hours of true happiness - Mi corazón insiste

*

"There is nothing wrong with celebrating a huge milestone darling, it's just a small get together dear" Mom says to me, as we stand in the kitchen, her by the sink near the window overlooking the yard outside, and me by the counter, with one hand over the smooth granite top for support, the other gently resting on my belly as i bite my top lip anxiously in thought.

"I am just not in the mood" i mumble quietly.

"You are never in the mood for anything....it's just this one special day honey. Please make an effort for the sake of everyone that's here right now....ok?" she asks rhetorically, kissing me on the cheek and walking out of the door with some napkins and forks in her hands.

I stare at the closed door that she just dissapeared out of, then eventually walk to the window instead of following after Mom.

I look outside at the patio and the lawn beyond it as gentle rains fall over it, giving me a small sense of relaxation before allowing myself to go back to where everyone else is.

The last time i was here in the kitchen of Angelo's family home, i was with Steph and the two of us chatted like we were old friends. Such a contrast to where we are now, we can barely be around each other and she acts like i did something wrong to her.

Anyway, Angelo and i had just started becoming serious with our relationship, sort of, and i remember how he used to make me feel so nervous and excited all at the same time, and even though i didn't know it yet, what i felt for him was far deeper than just a physical attraction even back then.

"Hiding from people?" a voice speaks behind me.

I turn around and see Ben standing by the door.

Ben👇

Angelo👇👇*They do kind of look alike right😜*