20. "Kayra Hilton and Jake Walker."

After spending two weekends in a row with dad, Alejandra and I decided to head back to El Paso. I was supposed to be going to prom with Julian but he wasn’t feeling well during the week. I didn’t have a choice but to go with Tori and Marcus, being the third wheel of the night.

“Calli, your dress is here.” I looked away from my wall to see my mom standing by the door. She gave me a smile as she placed the weird bag that kept the dress neat on my bed.

“Can you do my hair and make up for me?” I grabbed her hands and squeezed them lightly. My mom gave me a look that said you’re old enough to do it. “Please mom?”

“Fine.” I gave her a smile before heading out to her room. She was the one who owned the makeup and hair products in the house.

My mom took her time considering the dance was supposed to start around eight. She did my makeup so delicately it seemed like she was trying to act all slow motion during the time. She didn’t know what to do with my hair so she clipped it all in the back so it rested on my right shoulder.

“You look beautiful Calli.” I rolled my eyes as I stood up from her bed. Stepping in front of the mirror, I almost fell backward when I looked at myself.

“Wow.” I took in my face. It had that glow to it while my lips were some sort of deep red. I smiled to myself. “Is this really me?”

“Yes sweetheart. It’s you.” I turned around to look at my mom. Her hands rested on her hips as a proud smile showed on her face. “I think I did a good job.”

“You think?” I raised an eyebrow at her while a smirk played on my lips.

“I know so. Let’s get you inside that dress.” I chuckled at her excitement. My mom could be a little girl sometimes.

We headed back to my room with Alejandra right behind us. Mom opened the bag that saved my dress for almost a week. I smiled as I noticed the color. Forest Green. I loved that color even if my closet had no garments of that color. My mom helped me get in the dress so it would be easier for me. The dress was simple yet beautiful in my opinion. It was a forest green jacquard print bustier cocktail dress. I slipped on some rings before slipping the back pumps on my feet.

“Do I look okay?” I stared at myself in the mirror. I was starting think the dress was already too much.

“You look perfect Calli!” I frowned at my sister through the mirror. “You do!”

“Are you sure?” She nodded. I sighed and turned around to look at her and mom.

“You look amazing Callianne.” I gave them a shy smile before grabbing the black clutch from my bed. I shoved my phone inside along with the ticket to the dance. I sighed before turning around.

“Let’s go downstairs then.” I followed my mom and my sister down the stairs. Tom and dad sat on the couch talking about sports. I think it was great that they got along. Tom wasn’t replacing my dad. He mentioned it from the beginning. “Hey dad!”

“Hey Calli.” Dad turned around to look at me. I noticed how his eyes widened at the sight of me. “Wow. Calli, you look different.”

“It’s not usually what I would wear but credit goes to mom on this one.” I gave mom a quick look before the doorbell rang. “That must be Tori.”

“I’ll get it!” Alejandra ran to the door. She slowly opened it before her face showed how confused she was at the moment. “What are you wearing?”

“Ale!” She turned to look at us. A smile crept on her face as she opened the door wider.

“Look at him!” I raised an eyebrow as I saw Tori and Marcus stepped inside the house. My lips shaped into an o when I saw Marcus. I knew why Ale was questioning him. He was wearing his suit with sneakers.

“That’s normal nowadays, Ale. He looks fine.” She gave me a look saying not it’s not. “Let’s hope your prom date wears sneakers when it’s your turn.”

“He won’t.” I chuckled and turned to look at my best friends. Marcus looked just fine. He wore a plain white shirt under a black blazer and matching pants with hi black and white print Vans. Victoria on the other hand wore light lavender dress with crystals on the top. She looked just plain beautiful with her natural waves and natural make up.

“You guys look great!” They smiled at me and thanked me right before mom came over with her phone.

“Picture time!” We all groaned and posed for pictures. My mom seemed even more excited than I was. We let her take tons of pictures before dad saved us saying we would miss the dance.

Just as we arrived, the floor was packed. Everybody was dancing to Lou Bega’s Mambo No. 5. It was one of my favorite songs of all times so I immediately dragged Marcus and Tori to the dance floor. We danced until the end of the song followed by a few more songs. I eventually got tired and went to sit down.

“Mind if I sit here?” I looked up from my lap to see none other than Julian standing in front of me. Before I could answer a loud sneeze came from him. I couldn’t help but chuckle. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay. You can seat here.” He gave me a smile and sat down. “What are you doing here? You’re sick.”

“I wasn’t going to let that ticket go to waste.” I giggled and reached out my hand for him to grab. “Are you enjoying the dance?”

“I danced to a few songs already.” He nodded turning his gaze to the dance floor. There were a few couples on the dance floor considering they were playing A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Once I spotted Tori and Marcus, a smile crept on my face. Marcus had finally gotten his girl.

“They look cute together don’t they?” I turned my gaze back to Julian and nodded. “Listen Calli, I’ve been,”

“Good evening students. It’s good to be back up here once again.” We both turned to look at the stage. Principal Towers stood by the microphone holding an envelope. “I know you’ve been enjoying yourselves tonight but we have an announcement to make. We’ll be naming our prom king and queen.”

“This is so stupid.” I laughed at Julian’s comment.

“Our prom king and queen are,” There was a moment of silent as he opened the envelope. When he finally opened it, he rolled his eyes. “Kayra Hilton and Jake Walker.”

“No reason he rolled his eyes.” Julian laughed as everyone in the school gym clapped. Tori and Marcus came over standing right in front of me.

“Calli, can you dance the next song with me?” I stared at Tori before turning my gaze to Marcus. He shrugged without saying a word. “Please!”

“Fine.” I turned to look at Julian. “I’ll be back.”

“Don’t worry about it.” He flashed his million dollar smile as I walked away.

I danced more than one song with Victoria. Apparently she was tired of dancing with Marcus. How could she get tired? I wouldn’t get tired of dancing it was my boyfriend joining me. I just didn’t dance with him because he was sick though he coming to dance was an amazing gesture. Just as Wake Me Up by Avicci ended, we began to walk back to our table.

“Hi everyone. I’m looking for Calli, Calli Johnson.” I stopped in my tracks as I heard my name. Screams filled the school’s gym, mostly girls’. I slowly turned my head to see Tori looking behind us. Her mouth was wide open as she was surprised. I sighed as I turned my body around to see who was calling my name. Whoa!

“Austin?”

It's friday! And here is this week's update. I have to say I'm very proud of this book considering it's coming to an end. This could be the very first book I would be completing on this account. Now, I have a question. How many chapters do you think I'll be posting until the story ends? Whoever gets the closest number will win an Austin Mahone video made by me! Go ahead and guess! And remember to vote + comment what you think of the book so far!