13. "Well you look hot!"

It had been a week since Austin was back at home. I knew he was okay considering Tori had joined a social network called Twitter and every time we were at her house she would check his updates. The last one she read said I’m trying my best to remember my mahomies. I promise you guys I’ll get better. And according to a newspaper online he was seeing a therapist. It said he wasn’t going to anything music related in the meanwhile. They wanted him to get better.

Christmas was coming around making mom want to decorate the house and light up a tree. I was hesitant at first considering I didn’t enjoy Christmas or the season. Just three years ago that day, December 23, my dad had told my mom he wanted to get a divorce. It wasn’t easy but at least mom was happy.

“Calli?” I turned around to see my mom standing in my room. She looked at me from head to toes. “You cleaned up nice.”

“Well, it’s a Christmas party and almost everyone is going.” She chuckled and walked closer. I turned around to look at myself in the mirror. My mom placed her hands on my shoulders.

“How are you feeling?” I sighed and gave her a smile.

“I’m fine.” She gave me an obvious stare through the mirror. “I’m fine mom. Austin’s back home and we’re all back to our old selves again.”

“I like what you’ve done with the wall.” She let go off my shoulders and turned around. I followed her and stood beside her. “Although I don’t get why you drew those hands.”

“Neither do I.” We turned to look at each other at the same time and laughed.

“Victoria is downstairs. Don’t forget your coat.” I nodded and grabbed my purse.

Mom managed to buy me a phone I could use for emergencies. I kissed her cheek and walked out of the room. I got downstairs and noticed her dress. It was red dress that reached her mid-thigh. She wore some panty hose to keep her legs warm. The snow finally hit El Paso. It wasn’t as bad we thought it would be.

“Well you look hot!” She turned to look at me and laughed.

“I could same the same about you chica!” We laughed together and I grabbed my coat. I was wearing a long sleeve shift dress featuring an A line skirt complete with black lace trim at the end. Mom had picked it for me. “Marcus is already at the party. They’re making s’mores.”

“Oh joy.” She slapped my arm. She hated when I was sarcastic. I needed to be sarcastic once in a while. She didn’t want me to be happy.

We arrived at the party. Marcus was at the door. His friend Caleb was the one throwing the party. Caleb was also a student at our school. We shared a few classes together so I knew he was a nice guy.

“There you are!” We hugged Marcus and handed him our coats. “You girls look amazing.”

“Thank you Marcus. You look very nice as well.” He winked at us and offered us his arms. “Are you going to escort us?”

“I’m trying to be a gentleman here!” I chuckled and laced my arm with his. Tori did the same I could notice the blush creeping on his shoulders. I stepped on his foot. “Ow!”

“Oops.” I gave him a fake smile while he glared at me. We stepped inside Caleb’s living room. There were a few classmates from Math and English. There were a few players from the football team and I couldn’t help but notice Kayra and Stacy on the other side of the room. “Are you kidding me?”

“I thought you didn’t hate them anymore.” Tori and I glared at Marcus. “Okay, you still do.”

“Can we go say hi to Caleb?” Marcus rolled his eyes and led us to the kitchen. Caleb had a big house to be honest. Like Hollywood big. We entered the big kitchen and I noticed everyone eating s’mores.

“Caleb!” He turned around and smiled when he saw us.

“I’m glad you girls made it.” We smiled at him and hugged him. “We’re making s’mores. There’s a table with snacks by the living room and drinks are over there. Help yourselves!”

“Will do!” Tori and I went to get a drink. We grabbed two sodas and opened them. I took a big gulp and sighed once I pulled the can away from my lips.

The night went well to be honest. Caleb was a great host and I got to know more people from school. The school wasn’t so big so it would be easy to guess who they were. Around midnight most of the people started to leave and I found myself sitting with MIke. I had learned that he was in my chemistry class and part of the school’s soccer team. He wasn’t bad looking to be honest. He was 6 feet tall, had blond hair and blue eyes. He wasn’t so built for what I noticed but he was cute to say the least.

“The team has practice on Tuesday when we get back from break. Would you go?” I looked up from my cup of hot chocolate and smiled at him.

“Sure. I’ll be there.” He smiled back at me and slipped his hand inside his pocket. He took out his phone offering it to me.

“Here. Put your number in so we can stay in touch.” I bit my lip and looked down. “What’s wrong?”

“My phone is only for emergencies.” His lips formed an o.

“It’s okay. We can talk at school and such.” I nodded. I wasn’t so sure if he was still going to talk to me at school though. “Would you like more chocolate? Your cup is empty.”

“It’s okay, really. Thanks.” He smiled at me and turned away to look at something or someone.

Well, that night was kind of unexpected.

If you're reading this Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzza and Happy New Year. Thank you for reading this fan fiction, it really means a lot. Please comment/vote if your reading :)