11. "Tipo, you're my homie!"

I would be lying if I said I slept that night. I spent most of it sitting in front of my wall, staring at the drawing I had done. I drew two hands holding each other. Maybe I was on some type on drug when I thought about drawing that. I asked myself why the heck I would draw two hands.

Austin was on the verge of tears after we kissed. We both sat down on the couch as he cried. I asked why he was crying to which he answered he didn’t want to go. I didn’t want him to go either but he had his mom, friends and fans waiting for him to go back home. I made sure he was fully asleep before heading upstairs and lying in bed with my mom for a while.

It just wasn’t easy.

The next morning, I woke up and sat on my bed for like an hour. I thought back to the day when my dad decided to leave. When I told the school counselor back in San Antonio that my dad had left all of us behind and my mom was moving to some place that was just at her budget, she asked me if I didn’t feel mad about it. I remember the answer I gave her.

“Why should I be mad? He’s happy.” I wondered if he was though.

The same thing could’ve been asked about this new situation. Austin had somehow made such an impact in my life that I didn’t want him to go. Before Austin, I never met a guy who loved reading even if it was to entertain himself. I also never met a guy that was so thankful with the people around him. But I also never met a guy who was afraid of his own girlfriend.

“Calli?” I looked up from my lap. My mom stood by the door staring at me. “Breakfast is ready.”

“I’ll be there.” She nodded and shut the door. I sighed and stood up to fix an outfit for the day. I wasn’t in the mood to get all dressed up. I would’ve just walked out the door in my pajamas but I couldn’t. I decided to wear a knit sweater and a pair of skinny jeans.

Once I fixed everything together, I went to brush my teeth and wash my face. I could hear my mom, Ale and Austin talking as I walked down the stairs. They were laughing. I knew they were trying to make Austin feel better. He needed to. I took a deep breath and stepped into the kitchen.

“Good morning!” I tried my best at smiling. If they wanted Austin to feel better then I would take part in it. I kissed my sister’s cheek and sat down beside Austin. I turned to look at him. “How did you sleep?”

“Uh, I didn’t.” I nodded. “Did you sleep?”

“Just a few hours.” He looked away from me and shifted in his seat. I jumped in my seat as I felt something on my hand. I looked down at my lap to see Austin’s hand on mine. I looked up at him and caught him smiling down at me. I smiled back and held onto his hand for the rest of breakfast.

“Do you need me to drive you Calli?” I looked up from my plate. Mom was standing by the counter washing her plate and Ale’s.

“No. It’s okay mom. Tori will be here by twelve and we’ll be off.” She nodded and went back to doing the dishes. Ale was no longer at the table. Just like any other Saturday, she finished breakfast and headed to the living room to watch cartoons.

Austin and I finished breakfast after mom left the kitchen. I decided to get ready right away considering Tori was arriving at any moment. I took a shower and got dressed. I slipped on my old converse and my black beanie. It was going to be a bit cold outside. I turned around when I heard my door open. Mom stood there with a smile on her face.

“Someone wants to see your room before leaving.” I nodded. She fully opened the door revealing Austin. He stepped inside and turned to look at my mom. She gave me a stern look. “You know the rule.”

“Keep the door open.” I nodded. Mom gave me thumbs up and walked away from the door. I looked around my room and then at Austin. “This is my room.”

“It looks like a hospital room.” I gave him a look. He quickly started laughing. “I’m kidding but why white walls?”

“Because it’s a peaceful color.” He nodded. His eyes scanned my room, constantly nodding until his eyes landed on my escape wall.

“What is that?” I chuckled and stepped closer to the wall.

“This is my escape wall. I’m not just a normal girl, you know? I have a talent for drawing.” Austin chuckled and stepped closer. He stared at each one of the drawings. His eyes landed on the guitar. “I used to play when we lived with my dad.”

“You played?” I nodded slowly. “Why did you stop?”

“I broke it when he told my mom they were getting divorced.” Austin’s head snapped towards my direction. “I had anger issues.”

“I noticed.” I chuckled. Austin stood closer to me. “Your drawings are good.”

“Thanks.” I stared up at him. His gaze went back to the wall.

“I’m going to miss this place.” I looked down at my feet at the sound of his voice. “But I’m also going to miss you.”

“The downstairs door will always be open if you want to visit.” He chuckled and looked down at me. He was about to say something but was cut off when Tori’s voice filled the room.

“Can someone explain why is Austin leaving? Tipo, you’re my homie!” I laughed at Victoria’s face. Austin gave her a confused look.

“He has to go back Tori.” She stomped her feet on the wooden floor. Another figure entered my room. Marcus looked around until his eyes landed on the three of us. “Uh, what is Marcus doing here?”

“Come on! Austin’s been my buddy during the time I've known him. I want to say goodbye.” I chuckled and looked down at my bedside table.

“You can say goodbye on the way to Starbucks.” Marcus rolled his eyes. Victoria grabbed her keys from her pocket and spun them in her index finger.

“Then let’s get going.” 

Guyyyysss! I'm back! I finally have my laptop. It's been like a month since I got back from New York. I had a great time, you know? But yeah, I'm back with Lost. I decided to update today and I'll be updating tomorrow night so be sure to check that out. What do you think of this fan fiction so far? Please comment or vote, yeah? Well, see ya!