04. "That's the guy in my basement."

After I went to pick up Alejandra from school, I asked her if she was okay with staying with Leo’s mom. She agreed with a huge smile considering she always had something fun to do with Margarita. I headed to Tori’s house like I said I would. Her dad was hesitant as to why I was at their house. Tori’s mom said that we could have two hours to spare even if we were grounded.

“Where is basement chico?” I dropped my house keys on her bed and went for her desk. I opened her laptop and quickly opened the browser.

“Basement chico is back at my house.” She hummed and I couldn’t help but laugh at her attitude.

“Is he cute?” I looked at Tori with wide eyes before looking back at her laptop. I could feel a smile trying to make its way on my face. “He’s cute, isn’t he?”

“You could say that.” I heard her laughing behind me. “He’s lost Tori. He also has a girlfriend.”

“A girlfriend? What is he doing in your basement then?” I typed something into my best friend’s laptop and turned to look at her.

“He said something about going to see her and on his way there everything went dark and he went unconscious.” She nodded. “I don’t know how to tell my mom that he’s in our basement.”

“She doesn’t know?” I shook my head. I turned back to the laptop and began scrolling. There had to be something about him on the internet. Then something caught my eye.

Mahomies trend #WhereIsAustin in order to know where the singer and songwriter is.

I clicked on the link and waited for it to load. The article wasn’t that long. There were two paragraphs so I took my time to read it.

This month has been hard on Austin Mahone’s Mahomies as they haven’t heard from him since he arrived in Texas two weeks ago. Rumors state that Mahone has decided to take a break from music now that his finished his first ever head lining tour. When asked about Austin during an Ustream, friend Alex Constancio seemed hesitant at first. It wasn’t until a few seconds later that he mentioned he and Austin got into an argument that same day. Mahomies, being as dedicated as they can be, began to tweet #AustinForgiveAlex and #WeWantCoolMorningAgain so Austin could forgive his best friend.

As much as we want to know where he and what is he up to, Austin hasn’t replied to any tweets or e-mails from fans or magazines. We’ve tried reaching out for manager Rocco Valdes but all we hear is You’ve reached Rocco, please leave a message! But it doesn’t end there. Just recently Michele Mahone has sent a TwitLonger to all the Mahomies out there.

There was another link under the last paragraph. Michele Mahone’s opinion on Austin Mahone rumors. I clicked on it and waited for it to load.

“Are you done yet?” I shook my head and kept my eyes on the screen. Tori grabbed a chair and sat beside me. “What is that?”

“Austin Mahone’s mom talking about her son.” Tori hummed. “Want me to read it out loud?”

“If you want.” I looked at Tori and she shrugged. I sighed and looked back at the screen. I decided to read the TwitLonger out loud.

Dear Mahomies:

Management and I appreciate your concern about Austin’s well-being. We haven’t been able to say anything due to our situation. We were hoping everything was going back to normal before we did. Right now it’s the moment to come out and say the truth.

After Austin decided to come back to Texas, we were very surprised he was going to visit his girlfriend Jess. As you all know they’ve been on and off during the year but Austin went to see her in hopes to get back together for good this time. Just three hours later I received a call from Alex and Robert saying that they had been calling Austin for hours and he didn’t answer. I made some calls in case any of neighbors had seen him but they all said they didn’t.

It’s been two weeks since he’s gone and we’re more than worried about his whereabouts. As a concerned mother, I want to know anything that could take us to where Austin is. I don’t know what I would do without him as in right now I can’t bear with the fact that he’s missing. I don’t want to imagine him being gone for good. If any of you are around Texas and have seen Austin please make sure to contact me or Dave Brytus. Alex, Robert, Zach, Tyler, Dave, Rocco, Jessica and myself are on the lookout every day but if you know anything about Austin that would be helpful. If we know anything about Austin and his safety we’ll let you know. Thank you for supporting Austin and caring about his status.

Love,

Mama Mahone

“Who’s Austin Mahone?” I ignored Tori and opened another tab on the browser. I typed Austin Mahone and let it load once again. Let’s say Tori’s Wi-Fi wasn’t the best. “What are you doing?”

“Wait.” The browser finally loaded and a lot of pictures showed up on the screen. “It’s Austin.”

“Uh, yes. It’s Austin Mahone, mija!” I turned to look at her worried. She gave me a confused look.

“That’s Austin. That’s the guy in my basement.” Tori’s eyes widened.

A famous pop sensation has been in my basement this whole time.

PLEASE COMMENT OR VOTE IF YOU LIKE!