Laurent and Wolves

Dani's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since girls night. Bella is speeding a lot of time at the reserve with Jacob. Leaving me alone at home when Charlie is at work. Not that it bothers me, I'm glad Bella is spending more time with her friends. But recently she's taken two steps backwards as Jacob is pushing her away. As he is now a wolf and doesn't want to hurt her.

"Where are you going?" I ask her when I see her grabbing her keys.

"Out" she says.

"Can I come? It's boring here" I tell her giving her my baby eyes.

"Fine" she says. I cheer clapping and grab my jacket though I don't need it. I get into the truck and she starts to drive.

"So where are we going?" I ask her curious.

"To a meadow, Edward and I used to go there a lot" she states. I nod my head and look out the window. "Why did you stay?" she asks me. I look at her surprised. "When the Cullens left, why did you stay? I saw how happy you were being with a family of vampires" she states.

"Because, you're my family to Bella. I know we aren't related. But you needed me more then they did" I tell her.

"Thanks" she says as she pulls up at the tree line. "We go on foot from here" she tells me. I nod my head. We get out of the car and walk to the clearing. I notice she looks disheartened as she kneels on the ground. I grab her hand giving it a squeeze.

"It'll be ok" I tell her and we hear a rustling sound. We look towards the tree line and Laurent appears. Bella gets up and stands beside me holding my hand tightly.

"Laurent" Bella says surprised.

"Bella and who is this?" he asks.

"Laurent" she says with a smile. "This is my little sister Dani" she tells him.

"I must admit, I didn't expect to find you here" he tells her. "I also didn't know you had a sister" he adds.

"I live here. But you, I thought you were in Alaska with Carlisle's friend" Bella says confused.

"Tanya, I was. It was kind of him to arrange, given my association with James and Victoria, 'The Enemy'" he says.

"You tried to help us" Bella states. Laurent begins to stroll in a slow arc around us, assessing us. I eye him warily, something doesn't feel right.

"I went to visit the Cullens, but their house is empty. I'm surprised they  left you behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs?" he asks Bella.

"Something like that" Bella says.

"Do the Cullens visit often?" he asks her.

"Absolutely. All the time" Bella lies. "I'll tell them you stopped by" she adds. "Will they be able to reach you in Alaska?" she asks him.

"I don't think so. Tanya's vegetarian family was pleasant enough. But the dietary restrictions were difficult. Living on nothing but animals" Laurent states. I notice his eyes are blood red. "Tell me Bella. Do you ever feel compelled to cheat?" he asks her and she takes a step back pulling me with her.

"Cheating is wrong, even I know that" I snip.

"But that's not why I left. I came back here as a favor to Victoria" he says ignoring me. I glare at him. No one is hurting Bella. Not Victoria or him.

"You're still friends" Bella says surprised.

"More or less" he says shrugging. "She asked me to get the lay of the land with the Cullens. Because, well I'm afraid Victoria is quite put out with you" Laurent tells her.

"That's to bad" Bella tells him.

"Yes. She feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers. Eye for an eye, mate for a mate" he tells her.

"Edward will know who did it. He'll come after both of you. Also you can't do this in front of my little sister" she tells him. Good, make him think I'm an innocent human girl before I kill him.

"I don't think he will. After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected? Don't worry the child will feel nothing" he states. "Victoria sent me here for information.  She won't be happy about my killing you" he says.

"Bella what's he talking about?" I ask her fawning innocence.

"Please don't" Bella begs.

"Don't be upset. I'm doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully. Whereas I'll make it very quick, I promise" he tells her.

"Edward, I love you" Bella says and I go to struck when a twig snaps. We all look to see a huge black wolf.

"I don't believe it" Laurent says.

"You're dead now" I tell him smiling. As the pack appears behind Sam. "Run, I dare you" I tell him and he takes off running. The wolves race after him. A rusty coloured one looks into Bella's eyes before racing after the pack. "Lets go home" I tell Bella and we race to the car. She drives us home. Where she tells Harry and Charlie about the wolves. Charlie said he'd put a hunting party together. He forbid Bella and I from going into the woods until the wolves are dealt with.

A/N

Picture above of Laurent and gif on the external link the wolves going after Laurent.