Chapter Twelve

"I'M SORRY SENSEI! I'VE BEEN USING THE STOREROOM AS A DOJO!" The female lead, Yoshihisa Hanna confessed. Julia's jaws dropped. Dojo? The martial arts, training area? Huh? 

The clumsy, weak, and unruly fragile heroine of the novel was practicing martial arts?! 

Julia couldn't believe her ears. Impossible. This can't be. It was like a shock in the wind. Silence followed in the convenience store. Even the cashier and other customers started giving them both weird looks. 

"I know that it is the worst reason to come late to class! So, I'm fine with any punishment!" Yoshihisa Hanna bowed ninety degrees with a straight backbone. Huh? 

T-then, the male lead's fan club wasn't bullying you? Tsuchiya Mina and her gang weren't coming after you? Nobody was bullying you?! 

'What is this ridiculous plot development?' 

Then why were the villainess's mobs coming late to class? Julia couldn't even fathom anything, she just blinked and then coughed while saying: "I- I understand. Since you missed class, I'll have no choice but to put you in supplemental classes for you to make up. But since you scored the highest in the entire class, I'll just make you clean the classroom for two weeks." 

"O-okay! Gladly Sensei!" 

'You got to be kidding me... the heroine doesn't even look like the female lead of the real novel.' Except for her unruly behavior and bakarina denseness, she surely has completely changed. 

Surprisingly Yoshihisa Hanna was the top of her class in academics and a martial arts trainer? No wonder why the male lead isn't falling for her...

"W-well, Yoshihisa-san, what martial arts do you practice?" Julia asked. 

"Oh, I practice Jiu Jitsu and Kendo!" 

Julia almost fainted in shock. Jiu-Jitsu, that lethal martial art that can kill people? Is that why you have bruises on your thighs and legs? And Kendo, on top of that?! 

***

Like this, Yoshihisa Hanna was to spend two weeks consecutively cleaning up the classroom. 

"This time, I've decided that instead of letting you choose your partner, everything will be decided on by this hand-drawn lottery box." Julia took out a box and introduced them to the concept of hand-drawing them all into groups. 

Since almost everyone (except the heroine) crowded around both the male lead, Yoshida Toshiro, and the second male lead, Nakashima Arima, to be their teammates, it was almost impossible. 

"Uwaah?" People cried in shock. 

"Unfair!" 

"This is so lame..." 

'Again with this pathetic negative attitude. Can't you be a little energetic!?' 

"After you get into your teams, your teammates and you will decide what activities you want to participate in." 

Like this names were drawn to be formed into groups. And in the end, the teams looked something like this:

Team Number One: Yoshida Toshiro (Male lead), Ashikaga Erena (Villainess), Kanno Ayao (Female lead's best friend)

Team Number Two: Nakashima Arima (Second Male lead), Yoshihisa Hanna (Heroine), Tsuchiya Mina (Villainess's hot-headed BFF) 

Split into five more teams... 

'Wow... look at this development...' 

Tsuchiya Mina was fuming in flames that she was in a group with Yoshihisa Hanna, while Ashikiga Erena made side glances towards Yoshida Toshiro. It was completely different from the novel: 

"Ugh... we have to compete with the sports people?" The other groups sighed in the complaint. 

"I don't wanna...!" Her other students complained. 

"Unfair! They'll win." The other groups sulked. 

Julia blew right into her whistle and said: "You will get treats based on your rankings! And if you participate and put effort, I'll give you extra chocolate!" 

This riled up a few of the students. 

"Let's do our best~ everyone!" Yoshihisa Hanna took the flaming red Tsuchiya Mina passionately and gripped her hands tightly. 

"Uggh! Get your dirty hands off me!" Tsuchiya Mina barked as she flung off Yoshihisa Hanna's hand. "I'm not doing anything with you!" 

"We are in a team, so we have to cooperate, Tsuchiya-san." Nakashima Arima said. Tsuchiya Mina wrapped her hands around her chest and looked away arrogantly. 

"I know! I know!" She flushed red when he scolded her. 

---

"What game should we play, Yoshida-san~?" Ashikaga Erena softly asked with a smile on her face and looked at her team members. 

"I don't know." Yoshida Toshiro just simply shrugged without even giving much thought. 

"We just have to take down Nakashima-san's team!" Kanno Ayao said excitedly. "I know the rest of the class here is horrible at sports. Like Team Four is built with lazy sloths." 

"Fufufu... it won't be that hard, Yoshida-san won first place in the Marathon and Relay Race last year. While I, last year was the winner of the Jump Test." Ashikaga Erena said. "We just need to win this." 

Julia sighed when she looked at the competitiveness between the two groups. She just hoped the rest of the class had this much hope. 

'Please make this Sports Athletics Meet a good event!' Julia prayed inside her heart as the teams chose their sports. 

***

***