Chapter Thirty-Five

"HELLO, WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE CALLED OKANO JULIA," The police announced as they knocked on Julia's apartment door. Julia cautiously walked towards the door and slightly opened it to peek at the oncoming guests.

She usually didn't like guests, but if it was the Police...

Wrapping a heavy blanket around her head, she stepped outside the door and looked at five police officers standing outside with their warrants and a notepad as they inspected her face. Their eyebrows first scrunched up and their lips frowned as they asked,

"Is there anyone called Okano Julia in this apartment?"

'Hello? Do you like, not see me?' Julia wondered, but removed the blanket around her head as she said, "Oh, I'm her."

"No, we are looking for Okano Julia, a woman in her twenties..." One of the officers frowned, they shoved a picture of her profile picture into her face and said, "Do you know her?"

Julia was irritated as she said, "Yes, I'm her, Okano Julia. That is me." She seethed.

The Officers looked shocked, as they looked at each other.

'It's not like I underwent some drastic puberty...' Julia wondered, 'Did I age a hundred years while being in that classroom? Oh my god, that class is cursed.'

"Yes, I am Okano Julia," Julia said, louder and more aggressively. "I was the one who made the phone call about the kidnapping that happened in this neighborhood. Those kids were my students in my class that went to the nearby Academy."

"Oh," The Police-men asked, as one of them opened a record book and wrote down a couple of words, "And? When did you witness the kidnapping?"

"Thirty minutes ago." Julia said, "It was a white van that held two of my students unconscious and paralyzed and then was loaded by men in black."

He paused writing, looking up to her saying, "Are you sure, you aren't the culprit?"

"About that– huh, wait what?" Julia stared incredulously at the officers. Completely astounded by their sense of logic.

"Same neighborhood, same school, same students from the same class, in one year. You sound like a suspect, Ma'am."

'HUUUUUH?'

***

***

"SO I'LL BE TAKING THE ATTENDANCE,"

Uyeno Akihko announced with a smile on his face. The classroom suddenly got gloomier. It felt like a funeral procession with such gloominess and melancholy.

Uyeno Akihiko was simply surprised but didn't show it again.

Who in the world liked listening to the attendance anyway?

"Ashikaga Erena." 

No one responded.

"Tsuchiya Mina." 

No one still resonded. What is this? Is everyone absent today or something? 

"...So since nobody is responding, that means... you all must be mentally absent today." Uyeno Akihiko said as he slapped closed the attendance book. 

"Fine, no attendance for today." He said, happily shutting the book close and said, "Just do whatever you want, but don't create trouble."

Suddenly a ripple of applause and joy spread throughout the classroom.

"Woohoo!" A boy yelled in joy, "Finally a relatable teacher!"

"Sensei, you're so cool!"

"Let's goo!"